We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

I've read several messages about which rooms to avoid at the CP. We'll be there this Wednesday. Which rooms are the best to request and those to avoid?

Can't wait 'til Wednesday...

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

i have heard anything above the third floor is awesome. its a beautiful resort you will have a blast. only 41 more days until im there !! i always take a room with dbl beds so i only know the good room # for dbl beds. sorry .go to the hotel section and look thru the posts with photos and you will see some rooms with room # maybe that can help. have a great trip take alot of pics and dont forget to post when ya get back.

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

Here is something I copied out of another post a while back. Sorry, I dont know who the original poster was.

"Based on my days from Plaza las Glorias, let me offer the following room observations based strictly on room location. I haven't been there since it went AI so I don't know what changes they made.

Ground floor- nice access to the sandy areas, but no privacy as everyone is walking past your sliding glass doors if you keep your drapes open. Maybe good if you have kids and need to keep an eye on them?

Second or third floor in middle area- the outdoor plaza blocks your view of the pool and beach. Views to the mainland are OK. They had parties in the second floor plaza from time to time.

Second or third floor near the palapa bar, just south of the outdoor plaza- You end up looking at the back end of the kitchen and the roof of the palapa area. Not the best views around. We changed rooms from this area.

Upper floors all areas above the 3rd level. Great views of the mainland and decent pool/"beach"views. The southernmost area is a long walk to the elevators and, if it is still there, there was a noisy mechanical/laundry service area at the SE corner of the building.

Bottom line- the higher the better."

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

A little search gave me the name of the original poster. It was mslf500.

The original thread contains some other room recommendations

http://tinyurl.com/3bg5fz

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

Definitely avoid rooms 114-120 on the north end on first floor. They don't have a real balcony, and have a sidewalk in front.

On the south side on the first floor are the loft rooms (as i understand, didn't actually see one in person), if you want one of those.

We stayed on the fifth floor toward north end ((room 530)and thought it was one of the more quiet areas.

Room #527 and #427 both have more balcony with a corner three-sided balcony (and a cute little sitting niche right out your room in the hall). Both of those would be nice if you can request them.

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

oops, meant "two-sided balcony" ... it is a corner room with a balcony that wraps around the corner with TWO sides, not three.

Chicago IL
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

Thanks to all of you who replied. We can't wait to get there!

7. Re: cozumel palace--rooms to avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 22:19