We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned late Saturday

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Returned late Saturday

We had a very nice trip to Cozumel. The water was so beautiful, always changing with the clouds and sunlight. The clarity was incredible. We could see forever while snorkeling at Palanacar Reef, we used dive Palanacar at the resort. We spotted a nurse shark, very cool. We did see a couple of turtles too. There were a lot of fish, and coral. It was very impressive. We also did the submarine excursion, I thought it was nice. We went down to 100', saw some groupers and incredible coral. We also did an atv excursion to El Cedral, I was not thrilled with it. It was very dusty, glad we had our own bandanas. It was advertised as having goggles, there were none. It was really really rough going and really not much to see. There was a cenote, cave, and what is the remains of a ruin. It was also a huge group of people, the dust really was a big bummer.

We stayed at the Allegro and the beach was very wonderful, the water just right. You need to snorkel out to the bouys to see much. We also did some sailing from the resort and kayaking. The weather was nicemid 80's, there seemed to be a nice breeze blowing most of the time. The food was good, staff wonderful, rooms nice. We are members so we had a 2 bedroom suite. Very big and spacious. We had a few critters, we called them dog and cat. One a large gecko, and a smaller lizard. We also had a tarantula who would come and visit. There were a few iguana spottings around the property.

We went to Alberto's for lunch that day, wow!!!! Just a few minutes south of the resort, a must do. The lobster was so delicious, and the garlic shrimp memorable. I had a massage at the beach and then a delicious meal. Be sure to check it out. We also had dinner in town at Camilo's with Betsy and Robert, Mrs Muggs and her hubby , and Greta and her friend. That was tons of fun!!!

Came home with a cold, so that is all for now. Pictures to follow and a hotel review. Any ?

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
El Cedral
El Cedral
300 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
oz
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returned late Saturday

i am so happy that you had a great trip !!!!! i only have 33 days until cozumel. did you see any sea lice or sand fleas haha. how much was the dive planacar snorkel trip ? can you book it with them even if your not staying at that hotel? how long was the trip from start to finish? thanks

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returned late Saturday

WICKED,

You must be getting so excited about your upcoming trip. We were able to reserve directly with them at the resort. I have there e mail if you want it. You know Betsy does snorkel tours too. I would go with her in a heart beat, just didn't know until after we had dinner together. I think it was around $40 - $45 per person with Palancar (wwwdivepalancarcozumel.com). The trip was about 3 - 3-1/2 hours long. They served drinks and had a very nice crew. They let our girls jump off the top of the boat a couple of times. Do you have your own equipment. We do and it is so much more convienet.

Where are you staying?

oz
Level Contributor
4,470 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returned late Saturday

im staying at the cozumel palace. yes i would love to snorkel with betsy! i thought she only did scuba. i have my own snorkel and mask got it last year. i love snorkeling !! i just really really afraid of big fish, anything bigger than a dinner plate is creepy. dolphins, turtles, whales no problem, big fish and i become a olympic swimmer

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returned late Saturday

Glad you had a great time....BUT you were soppose to wait for me to get there April 17th so I could buy you a drink...... :o)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returned late Saturday

Morgy,

We would have loved that. We will be returning, think we'll stay at the Grand this time. It is really beautiful and we can have privelidges at the ALLEGRO. Have you ever eaten at ALberto's? That was yummylicious, I am going to grill us up some garlic shrimp this week.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returned late Saturday

Wicked, no sea lice or sand flea problems. But, I am Italian and cook with a lot of garlic. They don;t like us, we are just to spicy for them.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Returned late Saturday

Hey PVE...as many times we have been to Coz, we've never tried any of the resturants in town.....We stay at an AI. We are going to make it a point to go out on the town a couple of nights this time.

PEI, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Returned late Saturday

Neat... so, the Allegro was pretty well all good? My wife and I land there this Thursday, and we have never done the whole AI thing before. We are both pretty excited and not sure what to expect, so I appreciate you posting the details... tell me there aren't TOO many tarantulas though... my sister in law will have a melt down if she runs into one... We will have to get her sloshed from the second she lands I guess, keep her distracted! ; )

Anyway, can't wait for Coz, you all make it sound so incredible.

Twin Cities, MN
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Returned late Saturday

Morgy~Alberto's isn't in town, it is south of the Allegro.

Jennifer~I'm sorry we missed out on Aberto's. We stopped there to see if they had lobster available the day we rented a jeep and toured the east side but we ended up eating in town at Prima's. Did you have your massage on the beach at Alberto's or at the Allegro? I thought they were high $$$ at the Allegro. You said you saw a "few" igaunas. . .don't you mean quite a few! We saw so many all the time at the Allegro and at the ruins at San Gervaiso.

WW~I hate to scare you but I got bit by a fish on my snorkel trip. On my ring finger of my right hand. It's healed nicely now, I only have a little scar. Nobody there seemed too concerned and it has healed, but my Dr. here said I probably would have had it stitched here.

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Returned late Saturday

Thanks ezway....I probably should have phrased it....Trying different resturants this time...