We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coz Palace Excursions

My H & I will be visiting the Coz Palace in November & I remember seeing a review/schedule of the excursions. I tried the search feature on here but can't find it so I was hoping for a recap? Do you remember the days of the excursions or who I could email at Coz Palace to find out? I wonder if they would change between now & November? Also, have you been on any of the excursions & have reviews/helpful tips?

Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

Go to the Palace Resorts website at palaceresorts dot com

Click on tours. That will give you the information you need.

Have fun.

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

www.palaceresorts.com.

Find Cozumel Palace at the top and go there and then look for the tours. I've been on most of them and haven't found any of them that I didin't enjoy.

Genesee, CO
Level Contributor
646 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

The one's listed on the website are not updated.

These were the one's when we were there in early March:

TOURS

The included tours are not completely accurate on their website, so here are what the tours were when we were there:

1) The tulum express tour on Saturdays is not offered any longer. It has changed back to a full day Tulum/Xpu-Ha tour offered only on Tuesdays. Leaves at 7:30 AM and gets back about 6 PM. You go to Tulum with a tour guide in the morning and then over to Xpu-Ha Palace.

Since we had missed this and wanted to go to Tulum, we used our $25 car voucher and the Travesias car rental desk set up for us to pick up a car over at Playacar Palace($55 after $25 car voucher) and did it on our own. We also stopped at Xpu-Ha palace on way back and must say it was very nice. Great pool, great children's pool, large spread-out property with many animals (monkeys, crocodiles, domed bird aviatory, etc).

2) Coba tour is offered on Thursdays. Full day leave at 7:30 AM get back about 6:00 PM. We didn't go on this.

3) Chankannab is Monday and Friday (about 15 minutes ride away). Leave at 9:00 AM and get depart at 3:00 PM to return. We went on this and did some snorkeling off the beach($10 for gear if don't bring own). We also did our previously booked swim and snorkel with dolphins (around $100-$125 depending on program).

You can also do discover scuba here for $65 and then do a shore dive out to the cenotes (caves) or if already certified go out with a guide for $40. If you don't want to stay until 3:00 PM you can get a taxi transfer coupon from the tour leader if you have either 4 or 8 people that want to go back earlier (to fill a taxi), otherwise you can pay your own way back for about $8 US for a cab.

4) Glass Bottom Boat. M, W, F, Su. Times 10, 12, and 2 from hotel dock. They take you out to a reef for two yours and you can snorkel at two reefs. We didn't go, so don't know which reefs they took you to.

5) Playa Mia. Beach near Cozumel Palace. They provide transfers, admission, and non-motorized water sports (snorkel, kayaks, etc). Goes M, W, F, and Sa. 9AM to 4PM. Again can take your own cab back if want to leave earlier. We didn't go on this one.

Can't guarantee these are the same or not at this point, but this is what they were in March.

Would suggest trying to contact closer to your trip to get the schedule of what it will be in November.

Tanya

NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

Thanks!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

Here is the reply I received in April from chazacozumel@palaceresorts.com:

We appreciate the time you took to contact us and apologize for the delay in our response.

Below you will find the answers to your kind request.

Tour Tulum takes place on Tuesday

Tour Cobá takes place on Thursday

Tour Chankanaab take place on Monday/Friday

Tour Glass Bottom Boat takes place on Mon, wed, Fri., sun.

2.-To travel to Tulum from Cozumel will take 4 1/2 hours max travel time. / To travel to Cobá will take 5 1/2 hours max. travel time-in fact this are all day tours.

3.-The only condition is to reserve as soon as you arrive to the resort

(especially on the glass bottom boat).

If there anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate in contact us

same via.

Respectfully

Libia Coldwell

Cozumel Palace

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

Hi

Consider booking your free trips on your first day, we went on the little snorkelling boat and had to book 3 days in advance due to its popularity.

Ian

7. Re: Coz Palace Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 13:18