We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What color is the water by El Presidente?

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What color is the water by El Presidente?

Okay, I know it has a small beach, but it is a beach. Now, after reading about muddy water at another hotel and seaweed, I am wondering about the clarity of the water by El Presidente.

Yeah, Turquoiseblue, if I am done worrying about one thing, I will quickly find another. I really need a relaxing vacation this year. So smarties.....tell me true. (1) What color is the water by El Presidente? (2) Will I see any dolphins there? (3) Where is the clearest water?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

The only place that has the trouble with the water being muddy is the Melia......All the rest have the beautiful Turquoise-blue....

Dolphin sitings are not guarenteed.....But I saw a few everyday when I stayed at the El Coz......They were swimming south so they went past every hotel on the way to town...

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

1. A shade of blue.

2. Only if you are lucky.

3. Down another road.

Hope this helps.

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

Hey MOL! Its still a shade of blue even when the sky is dark and its raining!!! Pretty much the whole shoreline south of town that I have seen apears to be clear and nice.

Dolphins.... if you are lucky! One day I saw a dolphin from the dive boat.... we then went to LaChoza for drinks and a meal after diving. There was a deaf guy selling dolphin key chains that light up all pretty colors for 2 bucks. Of course I bought one..... and its hanging on the wall here in my cubical here at work to remind me of that special day - with the tag still attached that says

Pardon me I am deaf. Selling key chains to support my family. Donate $2 Thank you very much.

I love my dolphin key chain.

:-)

Are you excited? Your going to love it!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

The water clarity is normally just about on par with a swimming pool unless there are strong winds. Please copy & paste these links to photo albums shot last Feb (most on windy days) from the dive boat as we passed along that stretch of shoreline.

The Presidente album

http://tinyurl.com/2xoqjy

The Fiesta Americanna album (about 1 mile further south than the Presidente

http://tinyurl.com/2qxpkv

and for an idea of NORMAL water clarity these photos are from my diving, and the water around the Presidente is generally as clear.

http://tinyurl.com/2t5aag

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

Forgot to answer the other question. In all my trips I haven't yet seen a dolphin in Cozumel, from the shore or a dive boat nor while diving. I have been there when others had seen them, but towards the north end of the island.

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

Thanks guys and gal. Now, I just have to worry about work projects.

TB, I would have bought the key rings too. Probably a few of them to give to other people. I don't generally buy from soliciters, as I always have my doubts about the truthfulness of the infirmity. Perhaps I am jaded from working in Germany years ago. There were beggers on every street corner. You got so, you just ignored them as part of the sidewalk. Sad, isn't it? I am sure some really had no other choice.

I am excited about going and I know if anybody sees a dolphin, I will. I am always lucky with any kind of living species....animals and plants. Thanks again to all of you.

WI
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

We had dolphins swim by Mr. Sancho's in April. It was during our wedding reception and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful surprise for our wedding guests! That was the the first time I have ever seen dolphins from shore in 6 years of traveling to Cozumel.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

Just wait till you see the colour of the water!!!!!

If you can, request a window seat on the left of the plane flying into Cozumel. The view as you come into land is breathtaking. I never knew that blue could come in such different and stunning hues - colours only nature can provide.

I saw dolphins on three occasions in October last year. I'm told the Mayans believe that they bring rain. It's true that it did rain, but it is the rainy season after all in October. The tend to appear when the weather is changing towards a downpour.

It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen!!

Let us know if you have a sighting. You are going to have a wonderful time, you lucky devil.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

The only place I have seen murky water was in front of the Melia. Everywhere else it is amazing!

We also have seen dolphins, twice in one trip, last year in April while were were sitting on the beach at El Coz. I was pretty excited when I saw them and glad I had my camera with me.

It was funny because we had friends join us during our trip at our hotel and they wanted to see them so bad, yet we saw them the day they arrived, but before they were there and the day they left, but after they left. What luck!

Here's a couple pics: www.imagestation.com/7865320/4013434977

and www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html…

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What color is the water by El Presidente?

Oops the second link takes you to the entire album, here's the direct link to the picture www.imagestation.com/7865320/4013434979