We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

Bloom County
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

Not good at all

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hurricane_satellite;_ylt=AmFjfyvd6Qelx19PqZudMTOs0NUE

oz
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

they can predict all they want , that wont keep me from going. i will just make sure to get the insurance. i live in illinois which is sorta part of the torando alley and every year they say thats it is gonna be bad. hopefully they are wrong.......but i'm still going : )))

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,089 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

I look at this as a person saying a hurricane may hit in this (waving arms) area with the satellite working versus may hit this (waving arms just a little wider) area without it. Hardly cause for panic.

Have trip insurance that covers you for such an event if you feel it is worth it and monitor nhc.noaa.gov

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

Attached is link to a very good website that monitors storms in both the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans. It is very accurate and many of my Mexican friends on Cozumel consult it regularly. You can understand how important accurate weather info for them.

It also has weather discussions by region that are very accurate.

The StormTrack system receives weather data from the US National Weather Service via satellite. The system creates an entry for each tropical depression, storm, or hurricane when the National Weather Service begins issuing advisories.

http://hurricane.terrapin.com/

Please check it out, it will rid you of the scare tactics that news services use to create news and dramatizing it.

I check this website every day.

Have a great day,

RotarianDavid

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

It's definatly going to be a bad year.....We have had the weather alert radios sounding alarms all day here in Florida....Thunderstorm / Tornado warnings everywhere....BUT I just got the generator serviced....the hurricane panels are at the ready....and I'm buying a case of coconuts tomorrow....Bring it on.....Heh....

Yeah, we're kinda nervous about going in September....But we got the insurance just in case.....

Thanks for the update Scott.

lake forest, ca.
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

Well, now I am a little freaked out! We are on our way down for the first time on Monday, and there better not be a hurricane! My husband has been saying for all of these months that June was hurricane season and I just kept pooh-poohing him! Oh well, at least we will still be on vacation!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

You will have plenty of warning.....If you are going to be there monday....you have nothing to worry about as far as hurricanes

lake forest, ca.
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

Morgy, thank you for that reassurance. We are all so excited and have already been through passport hell to make this trip happen, I just want us all to be able to completely relax and enjoy!

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

People RELAX!!! The article does not say that a hurricane is headed its way, the article states that our hurricane tracking system could break at any time. Really no need for a post like this anyhow...just seems your trying to freak people out. While some ground level tracking systems are dated I can assure you in the event of their failure there are several back up systems in place and in no way would we ever have a hurricane 'sneak' up on us. It is merely stating that it could be off by a few miles as to where the eye of the storm hits. GIVE US A BREAK AND STOP WITH ALL THE PARANOID READING!!

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

I live in Florida, so it has nothing to do with being paranoid....it's a way of life.....I check the maps each morning to see if anything has formed overnight....If you are traveling anywhere for that matter, it is a good suggestion to do the same....that way you usually know about bad weather at least a week out....be safe ....be Prepared....It IS going to be an active season....maybe not in Denver.....but definatly in the tropics.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Here's some hurricane prediction news that isn't good

that is not what I was saying and I am originally from Venice my friend and seem to remember a pretty famous cane hitting about 5 miles away about 4 years ago so I am definetely not saying dont check, however you have people on here that are thinking a hurricane is headed a cozumel as we speak and that is not what the thread is about at all, so those are the people I was telling to relax (the folks that are headed down in just a few days)