We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best of 3 choices

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best of 3 choices

What would be the best time to revisit Coz? My choices are:Oct 28-Nov3,Nov 18-Nov 24,or Dec 16 -Dec 22...I am looking for,Warm water,no crowds and great snorkeling......

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best of 3 choices

Great snorkeling is always found regardless of when you go. Warm water is another relative term. The water is warm in the winter, but its simply warmer during the June-Sept timeframe(mid 80's...).

No crowds? That would be the low-season which is the dead of summer, so I'm guessing from the dates you provided that Oct 28 thru Nov 3 would be best?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best of 3 choices

I've been there the three months you listed.

The water was a bit warmer in October by a degree or two. Water temperatures range from 77°-82°F throughout the year.

December was was very nice. Not hot, low humidity, people getting ready and decorating for Christmas. It had a more festive atmosphere. I didn't feel the crowds were that big a deal after the cruise ships pulled out. We never had to wait for a table.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best of 3 choices

Hey there 1LIFE, haven't heard from you in a while. If it were me I would be there leading up to Christmas, lots of local activities and the water temp wont be more than a degree or 2 colder than your other dates. I stayed at Plaza Las Glorias for the first 2 weeks of Dec one year and the entire island seemed down on tourists a bit at that time, but then again your other choices are low season too.

If you think you want to spend time with the locals then the pre Christmas time is a fun time on the island, but you will be leaving just as all the resorts fill to capacity for the holiday. .

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best of 3 choices

Thanks Larry...Glad to see you are still around giving great advice...Any new grandkids??

5. Re: best of 3 choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 18:16