We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lobster restaurant?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
State College
Level Contributor
39 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
lobster restaurant?

Where should I go to eat lobster, for a reasonable price?

Thanks

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lobster restaurant?

Lobster is an indulgence and whether the price is reasonable or not is subjective. Choose with care -- lots of places overcook it. Though I've not visited, I've heard that La Lobsteria consistently prepares it well.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lobster restaurant?

Ditto what ds2 posted................the Lobsteria is a great place and they KNOW how to cook lobster!!.............Betsy

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lobster restaurant?

Betsy...It is great you are still on this forum..I remember you posting while the hurricane was stalled over Coz...Anway,Why all the fuss about lobster here?..I could see if you were in New England,or we enjoyed the langostino on the baja coast of Mexico,but where does the lobster come from in Cozumel???..Nothing beats seafood fresh off the boat...........

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lobster restaurant?

The lobster in Coz is native and FRESH. I see them all the time diving and snorkeling. Having said that, although I do like it, it is not as good as our lobster here in New England. To me they are completely different tastes, the northern lobster being far superior. Just my opinion, though. Some prefer the spiny lobster!

-Tom

olive branch, ms
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lobster restaurant?

I've eaten spiny lobster from the Bahamas all the way to Isla De Margarita off Venezuela. We were actually able to order a 12 lb spiny lobster on Margarita island that feed 5 people and it was grilled over an open fire with crushed garlic and lots of butter and lime and it was heavenly.

I find the major difference between the Maine lobsters and the spiny caribbean lobsters to be in the consistency of the meat. The spiny lobsters just seem to be a little more dense. But if prepared correctly either one is absolutely wonderful.

I will be sampling La Lobsteria at least once on my trip this month and will post a report when I return...

Eve
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lobster restaurant?

I haven't been to La Lobsteria, but will go on my next trip this Sept. The Lobster House has great Lobster and you get to pick your tail. The atmosphere is really rustic and cool, however it is pricey. I would recommend definately going there, but be prepared to pay more than you might elsewhere on the island.

Another place we liked for Lobster was Albertos on the beach. You dine on the beach, waves coming in, tiki torches lighting your tables. Very nice and very inexpensive. Bring bug spray if you go there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,689 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lobster restaurant?

Also would go with La Lobsteria and avoid the Lobster House. In my opninion, overpriced and overrated.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lobster restaurant?

L A LOBSTERIA hands Down!!! If atmosphere is what you want then it doesnt get better than Lobsteria. You pick you tail at the location as well and they actually know how to cook it unlike another place! Plus they give you bug spray which was a nice touch considering so many of the establishments in Coz you eat outside. Great Ceviche as well and Coconut shrimp were phenomenal.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lobster restaurant?

The Lobsteria has a cool low key atmosphere and great lobster. Very romantic. I love their deep fried lobster. But they prepair it several other ways. Really seals in the flavor but not greasy at all, like when you deep fry a turkey. If I go to Cozumel alone I desperately try the whole trip to find someone to go the the Lobsteria with. I hate to be in Cozumel and not go there. Also Espices is a place I hate to miss, but no lobster.

The lobster goes by pound and I think you will probably be looking at $23 at the very least.

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: lobster restaurant?

Hey toadfish--------

" If I go to Cozumel alone I desperately try the whole trip to find someone to go the the Lobsteria with."

---------------------------

Yoo Hoo...................shall I send you my number??....................hahhaa

Betsy