We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Manchester, England

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,535 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from Manchester, England

According to todays Por Esto newspaper, passengers on the weekly flight to Cozumel will be under close scrutiny when arriving on Cozumel due to the fear of bringing ¨ la fiebre aftosa ¨ to the island. I tried to translate but didnt get anything I could recognize as a disease--maybe someone can help with that.

But they will use stepped up precautions to prevent the introduction of this disease--whatever it may be

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

Robert,

I believe the latest outbreak of Hoof & Mouth disease in Great Briton is the concern here.

RotarianDavid

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,535 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

I would have guessed that but was not sure since I cannot find a translation of the term used by Por Esto.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

Robert, in the last week or so, there has been an outbreak of foot and mouth disease, and a couple of cases of legionnaires disease. I'm just going to check a WHO glossary to see if it has the correct translation.

Maria

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

Yes, as thought, it is foot and mouth disease.

Maria

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,535 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

Ok, thanks Maria. I appreciate it !

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
797 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

Robert,

I only know this because I read it on another Cozumel forum that shall remain unnamed. haha But it does make sense because the hoof & Mouth outbreak in Briton is all over our news here in Canada.

They have to fill our news with something here in Canada because our news doesn't cover the war in Iraq near as much as the American news.

RotarianDavid

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

We are visiting Cozumel September from UK.I think the foot and mouth outbreak has hopefully been contained--only time can tell.

Andrew and Jane.

8. Re: Flight from Manchester, England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 10:22