We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

What is the weather like in late oct? is it warm enough to snorkle and swim in the ocean??? also any suggestions on a good place to stay? we like el coz but the food was terible and not much enterainment, , allegro was nice and food was great and they had enterainment every night, but it was alittle far from town, were looking for a place close to town, nice beach with good snorkling, and better than adv food, we also have 2 kids 8 and 11, thanks for any help,

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

"You can't always get what you want" or so the song goes I think. The real beach runs from the Reef Club to the Iberostar as far as where the resorts are located. The Presidente has it's own, but it isn't that big, BUT there is good snorkeling along that area, but it isn't all inclusive if that is needed. Next best bet since you already were disappointed by El Coz & the Allegro is Park Royal, close to town, has a tiny man made beach, but again is where snorkeling from the beach is very good. Can't comment on the food as I haven't stayed there since it was long ago run under a different name & owners.

I can't help but think the air & water temps will be great in Oct, but haven't been that time of year.

Alternate choice if you can live with the distance is the Iberostar where I personally liked the food & resort (the rooms are small but since we only slept there were OK by us) but the taxi rides did cost too much for our liking, so now we stay in town.

If none of those meet your wants then you either have to give up on having a beach right there or live with the less than desired distance / food quality / variety. That unfortunately is why Cozumel just isn't the perfect destination for everyone, the island simply isn't completely surrounded by sandy beaches. If it was the snorkeling certainly wouldn't be great along the shore, as the waves would keep the water filled with disturbed sand.

texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

Also since its school time is there many kids at the resorts in oct?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

Great song and great question....I want to go on my B'day in mid Nov. and snorkeling is the main reason...I hope the water is warm(76-78)...I personally like the Grand..Good food,and a sandy beach(in and out of water)..Rent a CAR,for half your stay.... Have not been,but the new AI king is Cozumel Palace(and close to town)...Your best hope is to wait for the locals to reply....Have you considered renting a Villa?..Best of both worlds...That way you can enjoy the local cuisine,which is far better than Hotel food....

4. Re: weather in late oct and suggestions on were to stay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 05:23