We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any word yet?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any word yet?

I am at work an unable to view the t.v. or search to much on the internet. Has anyone heard from anyone in Cozumel yet? According to what I can tell with the little radar dudes, it should be reaching coz about now?

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any word yet?

It looks to be heading south and likely to miss the island. There may be a tropical storm but, unless Dean changes course, it should be ok.

Keep your fingers crossed, we are not out of the woods yet.

Maria

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any word yet?

Thank you for the update. Is there overcast? is it raining? How is the ocean?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any word yet?

Rebecca....I just posted this on another thread.....

Just checking the latest updates....The forward speed is going so fast, the storm is not gaining the strength that was predicted as of yet....

That coupled together with landfall slipping to the south....says it's looking better by the hour for Cozumel.... :o)

Keep the faith...

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any word yet?

Wahoooooooo

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any word yet?

..Just watching the 5:00 update....Hurricane force winds are only extending out about 60 miles...The center is making landfall well south of Tulem.The latest predictions are, the storm may not reach the cat 5 status because of the fast moving forward speed....Also from NOAA Cozumel will only experience tropical storm to maybe a cat 2 storm force winds....There is presently a strong band headed for the island with heavy winds and rain, but the rain will subside quickly. This is a very fast moving storm and should be no problem to the strong people of Cozumel.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any word yet?

Thank you. It's nice to be home and able to see the skies of Cozumel on T.V. Wow. I certainly hope for the folks of Cozumel and surrounding areas it does minimal damage.

Sounds like you are all buckled up. Good Luck on this horrible ride.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any word yet?

Hi All:

We're starting to get the first bands of wind and water, as always they come in waves, on then off, but it's not much so far. The good news for Cozumel continues to be that we were spared a direct hit, and in fact will probably only get tropical strength winds and rain, this is NOTHING compared to what we were facing a few days ago. By tomorrow mid-morning we will start coming out to clean up, de-board our homes and businesses and start putting things back in their place, I expect we will be back to 100% normal operations by Friday, with some operators (diving, snorkeling, fishing, etc.) already in the water by Thursday.

It is really great that we can be back in business in a few days, not a few months, many here could not have sustained another blow of that magnitude.

Will keep you all posted....

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any word yet?

Thanks for the update Antonio....Be There ASAP.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any word yet?

Antonio, thanks for the update.....I know we are all thrilled that you won't get the worst of it. I just couldn't believe Coz was having another hurricane so soon after Wilma. I know there have been many prayers. It was so good to wake up in our own bed this morning with my family safe and sound. I heard that Cancun had many people in shelters and that is one of the main things we were concerned with, was being trapped like that with the kids and husband's health issue. But we all are still praying for all of the people and areas that will be affected.

Keep us updated when you have time. I know you will really be busy after this is over. Just know that we are with you in our hearts, and I don't say that lightly.

Pat

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any word yet?

The 11:00 PM update shows it well south of Cozumel, and it should hit the mainland around the Mexico / Belize border. Unless there is a major change (90 degree turn North) I think Antonio has pretty much summed up what Cozumel will experience this time around. Time to continue worrying about those where it will hit, but they won't likely be in Cozumel.