We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

For anyone that can make a quick get a way Air Canada has some very good specials (flight & hotel or resort) from Toronto on the 22nd. Allegro (the cheapest of the choices )works out to around $700 each including taxes for double occupancy, single was just a bit off $1000. Details can be found at www.aircanadavacations.com

I booked the Hotel Coz (with the AI option) for that price and it includes connecting flights to & from Ottawa. Anyone looking to hook up for some diving that week?

ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

hehehe..we got ours at 618.oo each see you on the island? Cant wait to go first time here! Praying for sunshine.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Heck of a deal. Are you going to Hotel Cozumel or another location? Just for fun I tried to book air only, $2890 PLUS TAX, Executive class was the only thing available. How on earth do they justify that?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Cicopo..I have not been active on this forum lately..I need a detailed trip report when you return as I am going to Coz again in Nov.,for my B-day.Always respect your feedback...When were you there last?..Do you know what the water and land temp is in Nov?..Please try to get some snorkel info as well..I would love to dive,but cannot due to sinus problems..Ideally,I like to freestyle snorkel..I used to enjoy drifting from Dzul Ha to the Presidente...Any Grandkids yet?

ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

were staying at the allegro....couldn't resist the price...quite expensive normally..going with to teens and leaving hub behind as he doesn't like the beach. Heard the island is very tourist friendly (safe) it'll be nice as we can leave the allegro and look around some. 7 days and counting very excited! Daughter is thrilled about the snorkling possibilities...got to get a large bottle of ear drops!

L........

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

1LIFE, I will get a chance to snorkel this trip since I am going alone. My wife can't go due to that thing called WORK, but I thought it was a perfect idea for me to go and just dive, snorkel, and take lots more photos. I have emailed the Iberostar & both Occidental properties requesting tours. I have never been this time of year but expect that it will be extremely easy to get a serious sunburn so will have to be very careful about skin protection. As for grandchildren, not actually as such, my daughter married someone with a child from a previous marriage that is now 6 but we aren't using that term, makes us all feel OLD.

My snorkeling plan will be to walk down to the Park Royal & drift back towards town with a camera at least once, plus do the same at Dzul Ha (now Money Bar from the sound of things) and explore the area between there & the Presidente again with my camera.

I haven't been in Nov but have been the first 2 weeks of Dec a few years ago, and air temps were 80's by day & likely low 70's in the evenings, water was about 79-80 F on the surface and according to my log my computer shows the coldest dive was 78F on 2 dives, all the rest were 79F.

When I get back I will upload albums from the different areas, do a trip report etc, and hopefully know what all the remodelling to the Iberostar has done since staying there. I just hope I can get the right weather for good snorkeling.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Forgot some answers. I was last there in Feb for diving & Carnaval, I'll add some photo links.

Burr, the island is very safe with the exception of riding mopeds or sometimes the sidewalks have big holes with no warning markings like are required here at home. If you aren't paying attention you can trip, so if walking on backstreets watch for them. (this isn't a problem in the main town core.)

http://tinyurl.com/yoy662

http://tinyurl.com/2knhyp

http://tinyurl.com/2t5aag

ontario
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Cicopo....thanks for the heads up...shot down the son's idea of renting mopeds based on the warnings I got on forum.(he'll be 16 on the 21st)..he'll try jet sking instead..he;s happy I'm happy :). Nice to see Ingrid moving in a northern pattern :)

L..

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Riding the mopeds is about the best way to ruin a vacation that anyone on this forum knows of. In total honesty I wouldn't ride them if they were free to use, and I used to ride a motorcycle a long time ago, and own one now (collectable, not for riding, too scary). Hopefully I will see you in the airport waiting area, I'll send you a PM of how to identify me.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Thanks...I will be staying next door at OCG..Do you rent a car for your stay,or for a day or so?..Do you have an e-mail contact at OCG?..We stayed there in 05,and would like to request an upgrade..You do any pike fishing home?.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,515 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some Last Minute deals from Air Canada for Sept 22-29

Looks like the special is over. I checked tonight & the same package I booked is just a bit under $500 more.

As for hunting or fishing, only with a camera these days. I once did both, but no longer hunt at all (deer walk thru my yard at times, I have rabbits run thru daily, and in just a few weeks 1000s of geese will be right across the street). Haven't fished in many years, too happy just observing them when diving or snorkeling.

The only email addresses I have for the Allegro or Grand were found using the search function above, but so far neither has answered my email so I don't know if they work, but if they do I will forward it to you.