We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Sur

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Sur

How far is it from the beach to the reef?..I remember reading,there are 3 rest areas on the way out..Is this for novice swimmers or is the reef that far out?..

Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Sur

I am not real good with distances but I would guess about 150 - 200 yards. When I was there in June, my group of 7 (ages 13-49) made it out without stopping at the platforms. There is a sandbar right before the reef where the water is about 4 feet deep. We did stop there for a minute.

We are all good swimmers - if you are not a good swimmer, take some kind of flotation device (snorkel vest, pool noodle, etc).

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Sur

Even if you are not a good swimmer....take a flotation device with you....Just in case....

3. Re: Punta Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:19