We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Panic and nervess

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Panic and nervess

Is it just me, or does anyone else get nervous when they travel, especially on a vacation where you pack all kind of extraneioius items like snorkel gear.

Thank heavens for the help I rewceived here regarding how to get from Cancun to Cozumel without falling apart at the seams, where to eat, and God bless the people who gave me all the snorkel tips, and restaurant tips and for the angel who is sending me a book of restaurants and other goodies to match my terriffic Cozumel map....a thousand blessings.

I feel bad about some of the disappointments (I missed it all today), but I am not one to judge and I feel all posts should be left on here until they fade away behind the good stuff.

Saturday is my travel day. And Sunday is my birthday. What a way to celebrate. Don't know what your weather is like right now, but hope it is wonderful and hope it stays that way. I will leave for errands right after I get the next 5 MB list of things to do from TB.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

Hey MOL - it is not just you. I get nervous and panicky too. Even though I have triple checked everything, and never had a major problem on a vacation - it's like pre-wedding jitters - you know you want to do it, you can't wait to do it, but now it's here and what if you can't do it all?! You are going to have so much fun - I can't wait to get back and read your trip report.

I have learned so much in this forum as well, in fact, I also have a whole folder of things to do and where to eat - lots of it advice that was given to you. So thanks for asking all my questions. We leave tomorrow for one night in Houston and then Coz for 9 nights! Have Fun! I know we will. And thanks everybody so much!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,519 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

I wish both of you a very good trip, and great weather. The biggest blunder I have made while travelling was to leave my flight tickets for the next 2 flight that were to bring me home, on the first flight's seat. My normal practice is to get on the plane after showing the boarding pass & passport and then put everything back into my camera bag. On the flight from Freeport to Miami I couldn't get at my camera bag so decided to sit on everything and pick it up upon landing, but forgot to. Long story short I had to run the full length of the Miami airport carrying my camera bag & carry on all the way back to our arrival gate & back to where we were supposed to depart for New York City. So far that's my only blunder, but it nearly caused me to be left in Miami as we had a very short time between those flights.

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

Now the weird dreams are happening! Like the one where the ferry to Coz pulls up to the parking lot of the hospital where I work. Eck!

4. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2007, 21:07
Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

MOL - you'll do great. Throw a coin in the fountain at La Veranda for me. I sent you a PM a while ago. Have fun.

Michigan
Level Contributor
869 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

Ah the old coin in the fountain. Will do that. Providing the ferry lets me off at the pier and not the insane asylum.

Jkjohnson had me pegged but good. Funny, how you can laugh when someone else points out your fears. I have one suitcase packed and am working on the 2nd. I will do carry-on on Thursday and I will keep the camera with me. And yeah, I will still be reading instructions on the plane.

Blessings to all who have helped me get this far. Now, if terminal 3 in Cancun is not a corn maze and I make it to PDC and across the water fine, I am going to need a nice big margarita at the hotel, even if they are not the best on the island.

My purse will be stuffed with chocolate and I will survive. (Isn't there a song like that?)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

Make a packing list and don't wait until the last minute to finish packing (not that I EVER do that).

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

This is one trip report I'm looking forward too!! Take lots of pics and keep that journal so you don't forget anything! Have a great trip.. and Have a Happy B/day too!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

Nervousness is Nothing a few Sols won't cure...

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Panic and nervess

MOL, I thought I was the only one that got nervous! I'm glad to know I'm really just normal. As we're driving for the airport, I keep thinking I've left something....oh my gosh, do I have the tickets? All the way there. I'm a big planner as you are. So far, I haven't left anything major...knock on wood.

I always check off everything on my list as I pack and have my bag with passports, tickets, etc. and even check that off and yet, I still get nervous. Just relax! I think maybe some of the nerves is just excitement. After you get there safe and sound, you'll wonder why you even worried that much. Breath....and count to 3....you'll be fine.

Tip: One thing I always do is be sure and keep ALL the luggage, camera bag, etc. together by the door the night before. If we don't, I know something will get left. Also, as much as I love my hubby, I NEVER count on him to pack anything or ask him to put something in, cameras, charger, etc. ....I do it myself. I did that once and you can only guess what happened. ha-ha

You'll be fine.....if you don't have a heart attack first. ha-ha

RELAX