We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

can someone tell me exactly what location i have to go to to catch a taxi for 4 adults and 1 toddler. we will be going to the occidental grand. how much would the cost be?

by the way, what will the weather be like in early february?

thanks

mina

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

they probably have cabs at the cancun airport

where is this resort?

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

the resort is in cozumel..i believe it's set kind of far away from the center of town.

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

Oh im sorry

yes the Airport in cozumel they have cabs

Everything is very very close there

it would be around no more than a 1/2 hour drive

and would cost probably no more than 30 dollars to rent a van

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

There are many detailed answers to this already that a search will bring up but simply put you must walk off of the airport property (about a 100 yard walk) to catch a taxi, or you can use the vans that have the exclusive contract to service outbound rides from the airport terminal. Cabs can drop off there, but not pick up on airport property, but if you walk off of it there will be a cab going by that can now pick you up.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

Here's a link to the last discussion -- it's long so I hope it works. I think it's $17 for two people from the airport to the Allegro. There's a per person charge for extra people, but with 4, taxi is cheaper than the airport van shuttle. You may have to find a van taxi due to the number -- I don't know if they count toddlers -- car taxis can take max 4 passengers.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k16288…

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

Mina, we will be at the Occidental Grand from Jan 30-Feb 6th. We plan to go off airport property and catch a taxi to the resort. There have been some great threads on here regarding catching the taxi. Maybe we will see you there!

7. Re: where to catch a taxi outside the airport...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 06:22