We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Michigan
Level Contributor
943 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

If you knew the whole story.

travelnotes.cc/tchatters/viewtopic.php?t=8068

Sartell, Minnesota
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Those pictures broke my heart! I don't understand why it is so hard to give the horse water and food. Geez...warter is practically free! This is horrible!

Sartell, Minnesota
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

I posted this link on a couple of cruise boards. If everyone can post on some of these boards we can help get the word out!

Big Lake, Minnesota
Level Contributor
334 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

That is so cruel, so sad. It makes no sense.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Well done TB!!!

I don't know if you got the message from Andrea, gut I'm assuming you did because I can't bear to look at the pictures.

She gave the names and addresses of officials who should be told in an e-mail, on paper, however, and in any language, that this is not becoming to Cozumel and a blight on their tourist industry.

If you want the details, pm me.

Maria

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

I've been following this subject since it first came up. On previous trips to Coz I'd seen the horses and thought they looked kind of shabby but I never took a close look at them until our last trip - they're bad. The owners of these businesses should be taken out and flogged.

A horse that falls down like that is a horse that has given up and I doubt the horse lived through the night. Buggy rides aren't my thing but when I was in Louisville, KY I saw some downtown and checked them out as a comparison and they were perfectly taken care of. What kind of idiot would rather go through horses that die off because of poor treatment instead of providing care and keeping them in service longer?

Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Last August while sitting by the window in Senior Frogs I watched a poor horse down below swaying trying to stay on it's feet. I know about horses and they sometimes shift their weight but this was way beyond shifting weight. Poor thing would list to one side and almost fall and then right itself and list to the other until it was almost down. It was so sad.

Patty

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Those pictures break my heart.. I posted a link to that thread on the cozumel forum of cruise critic. Here's a link if anyone is interested in adding anything..

boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php…

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

How utterly heartbreaking.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

What really really $ucks about this incident is that it happens more than I care to think about. It's not like once a year, it's probably more like once a month, especially when it's hot. It is a crime against nature, and someone needs to pay. I hope the man upstairs is watching.

-Tom

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would YOU take a carriage ride in Cozumel ?

Tom, what goes around comes around - someday these people will be reckoned with.