We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

Well, I returned from Coz a couple of weeks ago and it was the best vacation I ever had. I loved it, loved it, loved it. Was my first time there and definitely not my last.

I have to say that the day after I returned I went into a depression. I was only there a week and it wasn't long enough. All I think about is being in Cozumel. How does everyone get thru this? I'm am serious, I am really depressed. I want to go back, but I need to save for another trip there. I don't want to go anywhere else. I have even stayed away from this forum because I get so jealous of everyone going there, but here I am again reading everyone's posts. I know I'm not the only one going thru this, am I??? How do you adjust to the real life again? I had such a wonderful time, the people there, the water, snorkeling, everything.

Barb

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

Only cure is to start planning your next trip. Even if it is a year from now. Figure out your approximate date you want to go then figure out the cost. Divide the cost by the bumber of weeks till your target date and then SAVE that money on a weekly basis. Before you know it, your back.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

It's OK to be a Cozaholic, and there are no known cures so live with it, enjoy it, plan with it in mind etc. Glad you had a good time.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
278 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

OK but how was your weather?

We're leaving for Coz tomorrow and the forecast is Rain, Rain, Rain

'

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

I am in the situation as you Barb! And it is super cold here -20 to -40 celcius for the last week! Our weather when we were then in mid Jan was pretty good! Way better then what I am living thru!

I like that way of deciding on how to save money and plan for the next trip!

St. Louis,MO
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

It sounds like it all exceeded your expecations. I hope you took a lot of pictures. I have some photos hanging in my family room that I look at every day! It makes me smile-then the lower lip quivers ;) Start on that to do list for your next vacation.

PA
Level Contributor
669 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

I totally understand. Nothing else compares to Coz. No other vacation can have it all like Coz can. I just went in December and normally would be planning the next trip but both my kids need braces this year ($10,000) yikes! talk about depression. I keep thinking that that is about 3 trips to Coz for us! Hubby says we can't go this year and I am VERY depressed. I am trying to figure out ways to make more money and spend less on vacation.

Glad you had a great time. I hope you will soon post a report with pictures so I can live through your vacation.

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

buceriaslover....hope you have a great time. Where will you be staying? Don't pay much attention to the weather. They forcasted rain everyday that we were there and for the most part it was beautiful. Just one of my days there it rained and two other days it was cloudy with sun and rain throughout the day, but didn't spoil anything.

coz.snorkel.fan....wow,$10,000 for braces, sorry to hear that. I think you were at the El Coz a couple of weeks before we went. We loved it there. While we were there we ended up visiting a time share, The Royal Haciendas, in PDC, (not my idea, my girlfriends idea). We ended up getting free ferry tickets up and back, tickets to Xel Ha for the four of us for the day and a free rental for the day. I guess we couldn't pass this up. Anyway, we weren't interested in the time share, just the gifts, so on the way out they offered us to try it out. So looks like we'll be in Playa next year staying at the Royal Haciendas for a week for only $499.00 for two. I guess it was a good deal, if it wasn't, it's too late now. But I so wish The Royal Haciendas were in Coz. Playa del Carmen is not Cozumel, but it is Mexico and it is an inexpensive way to get there. Now I just have to look for airline tickets out of Philly at a reasonable price.

I will post a review with some picture of my trip soon.

cicopo....I'm the one that purchased the Olympus Stylus 770 SW for my trip. Well it didn't work out. The camera got wet inside and didn't work. It's a shame because I really liked that camera. They told me to send it back. Fortunately I did bring my other camera with the pouch and that still worked out great for me underwater. I will be purchasing another underwater camera but it will have to wait until I leave for another vacation.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

Boo-hoo....no really, it does get to you. The first time I ever went & when we left, I cried.

For me, it all started years ago when I first went to Cancun (when it was still small)! I came home had pictures enlarged, redecorated my living room...got rid of the dark furniture. By the time I finished, it looked like we were sitting in the lobby of a swank hotel in the tropics!

I've got pictures framed in almost every room. Redecorated bedroom and 2 baths, kitchen and den, tropical of course! Well, all that took a few years, but that's how I cope. ha-ha. My kids thought I'd lost my mind....I did. If I ever thought I couldn't go back to Coz again, I'd have a nervous breakdown! Don't feel alone in this, because we ARE Cozaholics!

I'm not only a Cozaholic, I'm an OBSESSED COZAHOLIC!

When you've been as many times and as many years as some of us have, by now, you've made friends. I know I've told this story before, but I've noticed a lot of new people on this forum, so I'll make it quick. First time I went, 13 yrs ago (14 in April), I met a local man on the beach and wanted to hire him and his boat to take me out to take pictures from the water. It was also my first dive trip to Coz and he told me he could get a larger boat for that....and so on...gave him a $100 deposit and didn't know if I would ever see him again. The next morning, he was there with all kinds of fruit, drinks and goodies and away we went. We've done that every year for 11 yrs! Right after Wilma when we got back to Coz, I had learned from his brother that he had died of a heart attack! I cried my whole trip. He was a dear friend. We had gotten to know his son, also.

That's part of the wonderful experiences we've had there....getting to know the people and they feel like family. I feel very blessed that my husband and I had that relationship with him. He always took me diving (husband doesn't dive). I had the very best dive trips with him. They cooked us lunch on a shaded beach after our dive, and it was the best meal of our whole trip! I haven't been diving since...was going to my last trip in Aug, but was having sinus infection and ear problems. Will have Antonio at El Coz fix me up for a dive trip in April when we go back for our anniversary.

Just counting now........

Good luck to you Doggroomer!

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
685 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

Hi Doggroomer,

I get my fix look at other peoples pictures of their trip to Cozumel.

It usually last a few weeks then I look for new ones.

We started by going once a year then twice and now 3 times. You plan you next trip the week after your back because their so many things you haven't gotten a chance to do.

www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html…

Once you have look at these once from last January hit the back button and you will see our other trip pictures.

Enjoy

Lyne, Gatineau, Canada

Boothwyn...
Level Contributor
347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from Coz, now depression has set in!!!!

That's a great story oceanfreak. Thanks for sharing. Now that the kids are grown and no more paying for college, I'm finally able to do some traveling. It's only been the last couple of years, but Cozumel has been my favorite place and I have no desire to go anywhere else now. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't like to travel, (I guess I should say fortunately, because I only have to pay for myself) so he stays home, so I go with friends and other family members. He has no idea what he's missing but he won't leave the animals.