We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI resorts

aeamixter
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
AI resorts

We are planning to travel to Cozumel in April. The Cozumel Palace looks like a beautiful place but also seems to be the most expensive. I have also looked at the Park Royal, Melia and El Cozumeleno. Are these resorts all comparable? We plan to spend a good amount of time at the room so a nice room and view of the ocean is a must. What resprt has the nicest pool? Is the food good at all of them? Any of the resorts you would not reccommend?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI resorts

Sounds like Cozumel Palace is your best bet based upon your comments but realize that it has no beach.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
290 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI resorts

You may also want to check out the Wyndham Cozumel. We were there in October and found it quite nice, overall - certainly nicer than the Wynhams in PDC. The food is also far better than most AIs at this price. Pool area is OK - nothing spectacular. The resort is located about 10 minutes from downtown Cozumel.

minneapolis minn
Level Contributor
654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI resorts

if you like a nice beach,,the coz palace and park royal are not for u,,el coz has a beach and pool,,we plan on going back real soon,,and as far as were concerned,,were gonna stay either at the el coz or rent a jeep and stay at the Occidental,,on the southern tip....if your looking for a wonderful BEACH EXPERIENCE,,,head south to occidental, or iberostar,,,or maybe even the wyndham..

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI resorts

previous poster, relax with the commas

If you are looking for good food then it sounds like Coz palace is the place for you.

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI resorts

Hi Aeamixter,

Coz Palace: good room, no beach good food, in town, high prices.

Parc Royal: average room, no beach, average food, in town, low price.

El Coz: very good and good rooms, great ocean view, same beach rocky in some section then nice and sandy from the Melia to the north, average food. lost of kids, 5 minutes from town, $5 cab fare, good snorkeling, average to high price.

Melia: budget room, good room, romantic rooms, junior suite room with service at no extra, you have robes, fridge, iron board and iron and great ocean view in the tower and front section. Buffet is average to good, 2 a la carte good. Very few kids. the nicest beach on the north side, good snorkeling, $5 cab fare, very friendly and lots of bars. They have high brand liquors (you have to ask for it).

This should help you make you mind.

Have fun in the sun

Lyne

aeamixter
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: AI resorts

Is the beach at the El Coz nice? Is it worth it to get a deluxe room? It's almost $1,000 cheaper for the week than the Palace. Seems like a deal too good to pass up. Are tours also included at the El Coz like the Palace?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AI resorts

You can see some El Coz beach pictures here:

http://tinyurl.com/jgmtt

aeamixter
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: AI resorts

What type of beer and drinks are served at El Coz?

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AI resorts

Aeamixter, if you do decide on Melia, be prepared for the possibility of the water being very murky. Yes, the beach is great. If you plan to spend a lot of time in your room and you care about the view, just be prepared for a big surprise. We always go in April, to El Coz, for our first trip of the year, then later in the summer. I hate to tell you that everytime we're there, the currents are running from the north and the water has been murky at Melia. There is a long pier between El Coz and Melia and the murky water stops at that pier and prevents it from going any further. Check out my pictures and you can actually see for yourself. Just click the picture or name "oceanfreak". Other than that Melia is fine, as far as I know. We stayed there the first time we were in Coz and very disappointed with the water, but loved the beach. But that was years ago that we actually stayed at Melia. I wasn't really impressed with the pool at Melia. I noticed you want a nice pool, which El Coz definitely has.

The El Coz is very kid friendly, but not particularly a LOT of kids that they would disturb anyone.

I think you just need to click on to the hotels and look at the traveler's pictures, you can get a better view for yourself.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AI resorts

We stayed at the Melia, walking past El Coz there were a S### ton of kids. Not really sure where a lot of this info is coming from. Also MUCH more crowded than Melia. Buffett is inside at the Melia in case that matters to you.