We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

Tyler, tx
Level Contributor
107 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

My husband and I are planning a trip in June to get a little break from our lovely children so I would love to stay at an adult only resort. I realize there are none in CZ. I have been looking into going to the Riviera Maya area, but I love Cozumel so much, I am torn about what to do. I would rather stay in CZ, so....wondered what resort I might look into that has fewer kids than others. I do want an all inclusive. Any opinions?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
289 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace in June '07 and noticed very few children. Of the few that were there, most were teens (which can be good and bad, as I have two).

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

If the Allegro is complete by June,I would add the Grand to the list.Now they are getting the overflow from the Allegro(which is attractive for families)..The higher rates usually means less families..

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
693 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

Hi LRK2000,

The Melia has to be on your list. We have been there during march break, summer, Christmas, New-years and Fall.

We have always seen very few kdis arond. You also have a very nice long beach we knowone around we you can be alone for ours and an adulth only pool.

You will enjoy your stay garanty.

Have fun in the sun :o)

Lyne

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

Hi

The Blue Bay Getaway in Cancun is popular, or Hedonism 3 in Jamaica might be worth considering.

Ian

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

Must second that on the Melia, we were there in June and I think there were 4 kids there and they always stay on the kid side of the property. I would say its the closest to Adults only that you will find.

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

Wyndham Sabor is adults only and their newest property Aura has an age minimum of 13.

Ontario
Level Contributor
786 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

I would go to the Riviera Maya...and go for a change..there are many fab all inclusives there...or you could try the new Excellence on Isla Muejres...it looks beyond devine...check out the suites with the private roof top decks.

8. Re: What would be the closest thing to adult only AI resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 18:16