We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

boston ma
12 posts
Save Topic
NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Hi im planning a trip in march with my fiance and we are thinking of either going to cancun or cozmel we love the beach and love a good nightlife( bars, clubs etc...) and plenty to see and do we are both 29 and want a really nice resort and prefer all inclusive. any suggestions please!!!

thank you so much

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,504 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Check Cancun.

boston ma
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

someone had recommended Aura Cozumel Wyndham in cozmel and Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun or the Paradisus Riviera Cancun both in cancun any suggestions????? thanks

oklahoma
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Better nightlife in Cancun. Better hurry March is coming up quick. You might get a really good deal being this late though.

You both have your passports?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
816 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Cancun will be crawling with Spring Breakers in March. Cozumel is not a huge party scene, but you dont need to try very hard to have a good time.

Cozumel Palace is a great AI in the heart of town close to most of the nightlife.

PA
Level Contributor
21 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

I have been to both locations and I think both are great! I would check out Cozumel, it is sooo beautiful and if you want you can get a ferry to Playa de Carmen--that is where you will find a great nite life and excitement.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Have you considered the Mayan Riviera (Playa Del Carmen) area south of Cancun. Might be a great alternative. Good night life in town (not as party hardy as Cancun), lot's to see and do and a lot of really nice resorts to choose from.

Cozumel is one of my favourite places and we just made our third trip there a couple of weeks ago. We're in our early 40's though and not looking for as much night life. The one thing I did with Cozumel on our recent trip was that during the week the town was seemed a lot quieter in the evenings than on our previous trips. Restaurants and bars seemed almost empty. We didn't make it in on the weekend, so not sure how that compares. Not sure why that was. We asked some of the merchants and they indicated that with a lot of resorts now AI on Cozumel they don't have as many people coming into town to eat, visit the bars and shop.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

Check out the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun. It is one of the nicer AI's in Mexico and it is walking distance to the nightclubs. If it is too pricey, check out the Riu Cancun next door.

The beaches are kind of rough in some areas of Cancun right now, but they are still in great shape in this area.

WV
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

If money is not a problem check out Puerto Morales just north of Playa and south of Cancun. You will have access to the nightlife and all the luxury and papmering you would want on honeymoon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

muscledfuture - do you know if there is a marina in Puerto Morales? Was curious if there are any fishing charters that leave from that area.

10. Re: NEED HELP!!!!! cancun or cozmel!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 14:20