We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking online packages?

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Booking online packages?

Just wondering if anyone has any positive or negative feedback booking a hotel package online? I'm thinking about booking a package through travelocity for the coral princess. I could save a couple hundred bucks doing it online instead of straight through the hotel-i just feel a little leary. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Ottawa
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking online packages?

Hi luchinda,

Look also at hotels.com some times they have a even better price.

We just made a reservation with Hotels.com for the new year at the Melia.

We waited a few weeks and then send them an email to see if the reservation was in and it was there.

Keep in mind that if you make a reservation with a credit card the card companies can always cancel the transaction.

Have fun in the sun

Lyne

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking online packages?

Thanks so much for the info-I'll check it out!

PA
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking online packages?

We too plan to go to the Coral Princess in June and have found the best rates for a hotel/air package from Orbitz. Expedia and Travelocity are close but Orbitz was the best. My advice, don't pay for the transfers...they overcharge and you can get a taxi from outside of the airport for much less. I also got a good rate through an agent online at goawaytravel. Also, check promotion codes for each online travel company listed above and see if they are offering any special discounts for the time you plan to travel. Good luck!

appleton, wi
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking online packages?

Dont feel leary at all. I felt the same way when i booked online the first time. I have used over 10 different companies and never had a problem. Another good company to check out is BOOKIT.COM. We have great deal through Apple vacations and Funjet here but not available everywhere. Booked our vacation coming up in March for Coz. through Funjet. Cant wait!! Check around for some great savings.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking online packages?

Thank you so much-i feel much more confident about booking online! How do you find the promotional codes for the websites? Thanks for all the advice guys. I love this forum!

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking online packages?

We always book online, we booked our last trip through beachdestinations.com.

USA
Level Contributor
915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking online packages?

I have booked many trips on line. Ive never had any problems.

new york
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking online packages?

Same here, I've booked all my vacations for the past 8 years online. It's cheaper and you have more variety and control.

If you use an agent you'll feel more obligated to book through them even though they may not have the best price.

Rotonda West...
Level Contributor
544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking online packages?

I agree with everybody but for our area Hotwire has been the cheapest. I start "snooping' with Kayak for flights, get prices etc, add it up and then go to Hotwire for packages...........Nevr been burned, we/ve used travelocity etc too..........Book it Lucinda and don't worry, go to Coz........

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
310 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking online packages?

Luchinda

Expedia and Travelocity email me the occasional coupon or promocode, sign up on their websites.

On Orbitz look at the deals tab on the top, and check out everything listed. I used 150FAMILY for $150 off the best price I could find.

I've used all 3 at different times with no problems at all. I email the hotel directly to confirm the reservation is in order before we go.