We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tequila tour

michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tequila tour

Has anyone taken the Hacienda Antiqua tequila tour.Is it interesting or should i just buy a bottle in a store and call it a day

Thank you for any information

Banner3

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tequila tour

Buy two and have a taste testing party .

Perry, Michigan
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tequila tour

We did the tour a month ago. The only good thing was taking a dip in the pool. They only gave you a squirt of tequila in a little plastic cup. I mean little. But my sister and I did help ourselves to more. I think that is why we ended up in the pool. lol

3. Re: Tequila tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2008, 20:48
Ruston, LA
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tequila tour

We did the tour and it was fun. I learned quite a bit about how tequila is made. They give you a nice margarita before the tour starts and then give you very small samples of different types of tequila throughout the tour hoping that you will purchase something that you tasted and liked. Overall it was a fun thing to do and I learned something to boot.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tequila tour

Is this the same thing as the tequila factory by the transversal road?

Burkburnett
Level Contributor
280 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tequila tour

Yes!

oz
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tequila tour

can you take a cab there and how much would it be from the coz palace?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,164 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tequila tour

Maybe 6-8 usd?

We went back and sampled a number of the flavors before we bought bottles of what we tasted.

They provide you little plastic pill cups to sample it, much like a wine tasting, but if you found one you thought you liked, you could try another sample.

It's worth the 10 bucks if you work the system.

mn
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tequila tour

It was a nice 30-40 minute diversion. Our guide was funny and knowledgeable. They mix you a pretty strong one when you arrive. Cost is $10 US. They didn't charge for our kids (15 and 8). Kids didn't love it, but put up with it for us. They did let the kids try one - it was cherry (very low alcohol) and tasted like cough medicine. Hopefully cured them of drinking forever! Anyhow, I would recommend doing it, but it's not something I would feel the need to do every time I went to Coz. It was neat to sample all the varieties like coffee, cherry, almond, and so forth. And yes, the guide leaves you alone at the end with your little cup so you can go around and sample all you want!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tequila tour

It's good to hear the positive replies because we wanted to do the tour. So how do we bring back these bottles of tequila in our checked luggage since we have a layover?