We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Dollars at Paradise Beach

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
American Dollars at Paradise Beach

I read somewhere that they like cash over credit. Then I got ti wondering - US Dollars OK?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Dollars at Paradise Beach

US dollars work all over the island, but don't bring big bills, and try to have an assortment of small ones so as to avoid getting lots of pesos as change, or with small shops being told they can't make change.

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Dollars at Paradise Beach

I've also read that you should bring crisp bills - none that are tattered and torn.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Dollars at Paradise Beach

We were just there a little over a week ago. We used USD for the water toys wristbands and to the food servers. Not a problem.

4. Re: American Dollars at Paradise Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 21:16