We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time of year to go to cozumel

Pleasant Hill, CA.
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
best time of year to go to cozumel

What is the best time of year to visit? We like to snorkel, beachcombe, hang out. Hate the wind and love the heat! Also looking for a ground floor, on the beach condo 1 or 2 bedroom. Thanks in advance for the info.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
950 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

ANYTIME,

May,June,October are my favorites,

Claude

Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

Not trying to open a can of worms but June and October are the rainiest months of the year and October can also bring hurricanes.

March, April through mid-May....dry, not too much wind unless there is a Norte (although this March was exceptionally windy). Starts getting hot and staying hot in April (upper 80's/feels like mid-90's).

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

We really like April, good weather.

I used to go the first week in June and we had good weather, but anytime you go, you can expect possible, short showers....but nothing to ruin your trip.

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
316 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

We decided on late June because:

Our boys are out of school.

The seas are typically "summer flat" and getting warm, but there's less risk of tropical weather than late summer/early fall.

It's offseason, so rates for places to stay are cheaper than in high season.

There are fewer cruise ships calling than there are in high season.

We're going to celebrate my birthday - and it's in June!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
620 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

Technically speaking April has the least rainfall. But I prefer HOT over no rain... it seems in Cozumel the rain falls for maybe 30 minutes at most at a time and then the sun is right around the corner... definitely nothing to ruin a day. I've been in May, June and August... and I like May the best. When I went in May, it would rain 10-15 minutes every other day maybe 2 times a day... but I just learned to see it as a way to cool off.

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

Happy Birthday augiegator, we'll be there in early July celebrating my husbands birthday.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

Anytime.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

I'm a little concerned with our April choice right now, in looking at the forecast for next week

wunderground.com/global/stations/76649.html…

says our first full day there will only be 75 for a high! I want HEAT! Think this is a reliable forecast source????

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

Jana.. don't worry.. if the Norte actually makes it down there.. which may or may not happen this time of year.. actually it's kind of late in the year.. but there is one moving to S. Texas and our temps Sat for the high is in the 70's so that's the Norte that may be headed down.. But having said that if the high is 75 you have to consider the "heat index" which means it's probably going to feel closer to 85 which will be very nice.. but check out weather.com/outlook/…

it doesn't show the Norte making it down!

Chula Vista...
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: best time of year to go to cozumel

I don't want to sound foolish, but I am wondering what is "Norte".