We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

altanta
6 posts
Save Topic
Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

We are looking at taking a trip this summer with our almost 3yr old twins. Looking for a resort that has kids club for that age.

I know most resorts have babysitting available, but would prefer an actual kids club-type environment.

and would like an AI, but kids club would be most important.

Thanks

Rebecca

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

For both kids and their parents, you can't beat the Club Med. Located at the far south end of the hotel strip, on one of the very best beaches in Cancun (and calm waters too), with tons of top-quality activities and clubs targetting kids of different ages and their parents too, and with outstanding food for an all-inclusive place. The only drawback for some (not me) is that it is relatively far from party-central (but it has shows and a disco at night). I am pretty sure that organized activities start at least as low as age 2 (verify this!) - great place.

And don't believe me - the TripAdvisor listing of hotels by popularity rates the Club Med as number one for families with young kids and also for families with teenagers, out of nearly 160 resorts in Cancun. Myself - I'll be there in May with my daughter...

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

We just stayed at the Melia and they do have a kids club. Not sure how young they take them but the kids I saw with the group looked young. They also have a kids pool and activity center called the yaba daba doo club. Check out their website. solmelia.com. Hope this helps

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

Woops - I had thought that the question concerned Cancun resorts -- sorry.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

We have taken our now 4yr & 8yr old gsons several times to El Cozumeleno. They love it there! The 4 yr old now calls it "our beach". Their kid's club is fantastic and there is an area that has swings and fort in a sanded area close to the south pool. I was going to take pictures of that this past trip and my camera broke the day before we left! El Coz is very family friendly and I can't think of going anywhere else with them. I know the Melia is good also, but no experience with kids there. If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer if you would like to PM me, or just post again. I will add that the 4yr old has been 4 times now and 8yr old, 5 times....they're already spoiled. When we go back now without the kids, the staff always asks about them.

altanta
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

for those interested, i did just check Club Med and they only do 4+ at Cancun. But they have Baby on up at Ixtapa. thanks for the suggestion though!

altanta
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

just checked Sol Melia and the only resorts that have clubs for 0-4years are in Cuba and Spain. So only 4+ in Mexico... thanks!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

There is not a resort in Cozumel that has a kids club for 3 yr olds.

The Sandos Caracol in Playa del Carmen has a mini-club, but the parents must be present for children under 4.

The Crown Paradise Club in Cancun has a babies club for 18mos to 3 yrs and parents do not have to be present.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

The hotel in Playa is the Sandos Playacar, not Caracol. It was formerly the Gala resort.

The Great Parnassus in Cancun also has a club for 18mos to 3yrs.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

It is true that it says 4 yrs up.(at the time, he was 3) But, because his brother was with him (some of the time) and we were VERY close by, they allowed him in. One morning, she even took him outside to play in the sand, since there weren't anymore children in the club. Maybe it's because we've been so many times, but they did make an exception.

scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Friendly (prefer AI) w/kids club for almost 3yr olds?

Blessingx2

The Holiday Village White Sands has a creche that caters for children from birth to 3 years.

It is run by British qualified nannies and has a maximum children to staff ratio of 3 to 1.

We go in six weeks & have booked our 35 month old little girl in for twelve 90 minute sessions over the two weeks we are there.

Kerry.....