We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Cozumel

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Cozumel

Hello all!

Lots of questions! First off I am planing this trip alone, with out DW advice. We have never been to Cozumel or even Mexico. Where shoud I go to start planning our trip? I want to take my wife and 3 year old son. Is Cozumel a good enviroment for children? Also, my wife wants to visit cozumel but she does not know how to swim but likes to get into the water and is not to ashamed to wear a lifevest, in order to do other activitys. Would there still be plenty for her to enjoy there considering she does not know how to swim? What is the crowds like in July? or December? Thanks for all the help!

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Cozumel

Glad to help out a fellow Okie. First get this map/travel guide from the map chick:

http://www.cancunmap.com/cozumel_map.html

That's the best $8 you can spend. The island is great for children, he won't be bored at all. There are places where you can snorkel in relatively shallow water, and with the buoyancy that salt water has and an inflatable snorkel vest your wife should be fine in shallow water. Check out the "Things To Do" section here, but I would highly recommend the Tucan Sailing Adventure. If you're renting a car take a trip to the beaches and beach clubs on the East side of the island - very cool. Are you looking at staying at an all inclusive resort? If you are, look into the El Cozumeleno, they have kid's programs, etc. and it's a good place for families. Reviews on it are under the "Deals on Cozumel Hotels" section on this site.

I don't know about December, because we've never been there then, but it is the high season so it will be more crowded. We've been in July, which is low season and not as crowded - and not as hot as it is here!

Montana
Level Contributor
652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Cozumel

Early December (pre 12/14) is still considered low season, and is our favorite time to go. By the middle of December it is like someone flicked a switch, and the place fills up fast.

Durant, Ok
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Cozumel

Thanks alot to both of you. I am going to purchase that guide in just a second. And say Hi to Broken Arrow for me!!

4. Re: First time to Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 02:19