We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to Playa

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
ferry to Playa

I have to be in Playa by 8am, 8.30am, at the latest, on a Monday morning.

Does anyone know the times of the ferries to get me there by then?

There are two passenger ferry companies aren't there? I'm afraid I can't remember both. I have a timetable for Ultramar but not the other one.

Thanks for your help.

Maria

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry to Playa

Hi, Maria. There are usuually 5 & 7am ferries to PDC. Tried to get onto the Cruceros Maritimos del Caribe website for official confirmation but it's not loading.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry to Playa

I have times from Feb 2008 and Deb's times are correct (for Feb). However, always verify departure times since they can and do change.

Only buy one way ticket(s).

Ultramar and Mexico are the two ferries. Rry both if you can.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry to Playa

Their is a 7AM ferry--I rode it Monday. Since the two companies alternate service, one day it will be Ultramar and the next the Mexico ferries. It was the Mexico on Monday when I rode.

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry to Playa

Thank you.

Maria

Coral Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
316 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry to Playa

Is there somewhere near the ferry dock (on the Coz side) where you can legally park your car?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,441 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry to Playa

You will find several parking lots within a few blocks of the ferry. I would use one of these--and not risk street parking. Do check the hours , though. Some are not open late.

7. Re: ferry to Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 10:23