We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Complainers

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,390 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Complainers

Interesting article on "Hotel Complainers" from Tripso.com :

tripso.com/columns/…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Complainers

now THAT was truly hilarious!!! I've met several of those types. I, of course, am in the last category ;-)

L C
Bolton
Level Contributor
460 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Complainers

lol... aimed at any users in particular?

i'll tell you if and what category i came into at the hol village/allegro, , in a couple of weeks time!

Illinois
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Complainers

Thanks! Couldn't wait to pass that on to good friends with whom I've traveled because we've all encountered them!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,390 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Complainers

Yes, I am sure most of us recognize almost all the groups!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Complainers

Thanks Robert, we have certainly encountered at least one in each category!!!

I'm with lynzmk...can't wait to pass it on to some folks we've traveled with.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,674 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Complainers

Did anyone notice that the complainer or real problem was usually male (eg husband)?

Not that I am complaining since it is probably factual. Just throw a bone our way once in a while.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Complainers

Robert, thank you, thank you for that link. It is pretty pathetic that there are actually people like that. I used to work at a large hotel and was assist. to the VP of 5 hotels. I got all kinds of calls and complaints because they wanted the top person and most of the time he was out, so..lucky me got those. Yes, they do want freebies and I could spot them everytime.

I think we needed this post and hopefully, the people that need it, actually read and identify themselves.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,390 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Complainers

From my airline days, we had all the same types--only a different type business. We also had the types who always tried to con you out of something--and, as you said, you can always spot them! We usually found the first class passenger easier to deal with than some of the infrequent passemgers in coach who could be very demanding. It takes all kinds--and you certainly meet them all in the travel business!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
331 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Complainers

fan 'bloody' tastic

i hope they all read it

you know who you are!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Complainers

Great article! You can tell who these people are by reading some of the reviews posted on TA! I'm lucky, have never traveled with a complainer. And since I travel solo alot, that includes me! I let the small stuff go, I'm on vacation, no time for complaining! :)