We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natl Hurr ctre..category 4

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
6 posts
Save Topic
Natl Hurr ctre..category 4

They are now projecting a category 4 by landfall on Sunday. For those who are saying they still wanna go...what about possible electricity outages, property damage, shops closed, restaurants closed... I am traveling with Funjet as are many of you and they were not as straight with me, they said they might cancel the flight and offer a refund...anyone got any other answers from Funjet??? We are to leave at 7am on Monday.

Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natl Hurr ctre..category 4

If the hurricane hits Sunday as projected, I would almost guarantee your flight won't go. Expecially if it is a bad hurricane. That might not be bad, because if it does much damage, yes it is possible everything will be recovering...

I think at this point a Category 4 or 5 hurricane expected to make a "direct hit" should be taken extremely seriously. If you were to go, and there is no power, ac, stores closed, damage to roads... what would you do? Where would you stay? Those are questions needed to be answered. I would have a back up plan for the trip too.... another option that is safe.

I only hope it changes paths and misses Cozumel. Good luck.

NYC
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Natl Hurr ctre..category 4

I would agree with the *takinging it seriously advice* My sister works in Akumal, a beach-ecological reservoir in between Playa Car and Tulum. They monitor and take care of turtle nests, she told me they are quite concerned about the safety of their nests.

I would definitely think it twice on going this weekend. If you are already there wouldn't be a bad idea to leave (if you can) just to prevent any bad experience. In case the flights are full and you can take some extra days off my suggestion would be to go somewhere else like Campeche, Valladolid, Oaxaca, Chiapas... I don't know some other nice location where you can relax and spend some time away from all the chaos *in case there is some*

Remember is better always to plan for the worst that to be taken by surprise.

take care