We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Partying in Cozumel?

elizabethjayne
3 posts
Save Topic
Partying in Cozumel?

What's the party scene like in Cozumel?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

As it is a dive island, it gets pretty dead at night.

Late night places include: Senor Frogs, Tequila 1.5 and Neptuno (a locals hangout).

Liverpool, New York
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

I'm usually a night owl, but in Cozumel, I'm usually, if not in bed, certainly heading in that general direction by about 10pm.

If it is nightlife you are after, maybe Cozumel isn't the best place. As wonderful as the island is, it is not party central.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

Personally I feel it is the AI's and the cruise ships that have killed the nightlife. In the 70's-mid-90's when it was almost all divers there was a lot more night life and several places to hear live music. Joe's, Raga, Hard Rock all had live bands nightly and Carlos and Charlies was a completely different animal before it's move to Punta Langosta. The downtown area would be filled nightly. During high season there would be lines to get into these bars.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

I agree.

I thought there was a lot more nightlife back then as well. Now that the ships leave in the afternoon and early evening, not much happens anymore. It used to be fun watching the cruisers at CnC's get snockered and lose track of time and then realize the boat left in 5 minutes.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

"It used to be fun watching the cruisers at CnC's get snockered and lose track of time and then realize the boat left in 5 minutes."

And even more fun to see their faces when they realized that the boat had left 5 minutes earlier.

A long time ago the ships Purser's would come into some of the most popular bars making announcements about the boats getting ready to depart.

6. Re: Partying in Cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 06:25