We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

Would like to play some golf in Cozumel. Re: Melia Cozumel - I've heard from another traveller that they just booked the standard rate at Melia Cozumel and had their golf included - has anyone else done this? Or do you find you have to buy the 'Golf included' package when booking your trip? What are the tee off rates per person? Price per cart per person?

Does El Cozumelo have golf packages - any info appreciated... thank you.

Gravenhurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

I can't answer your specific questions but here's what I know:

I've never stayed at the Melia but I have stayed twice at the El Coz.

While writing this, I just checked the Signature Vacations brochure and it clearly states that at the El Coz, you receive 40% off regular green fees. In the same brochure, there is no mention of a discount at the Melia.

At the Playa Azul hotel, I believe that there is unlimited free golf included in the room rate. I think you have to rent a golf cart (mandatory) and green fees are free. It's my understanding that Playa Azul is the only hotel on the island to offer complimentary golf.

All of the above hotels are in the north hotel zone and are closest to the course.

In March of this year, my buddy played the course. He bought gloves and rented clubs and a cart. I think he paid close to $250USD.

Hope that helps you somewhat!

John from Ontario, Canada.

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

I believe Melia is the only resort that offers green fees as part of their AI.. most all other resorts / hotels can get discounted green fees. The cart fee is $25 for 2 (I think..) ;-)

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

oops.. playa azul is exactly what I was thinking of.. not the Melia!

Gravenhurst, Canada
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

touristperson and linkslady:

I checked the website for the golf course.

I don't know if I can give the website without violating TA policy so I won't provide it.

The site provides links to Melia, El Coz and Playa Azul.

The Melia website makes no mention whatsoever of any golf discount of any kind.

The El Coz website mentions a 30% discount on green fees (despite Signature Vacations quote of a 40% discount).

The Playa Azul site states that they are the only hotel on the island to include complimentary green fees and goes on to mention that golf carts are mandatory.

That's all I know.

John from Ontario, Canada.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,013 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

Here is the link to the golf course that the poster needs to help choose their hotel

http://www.cozumelcountryclub.com.mx/

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

You can also get discount green fees by booking at cozumelinsider dot com..

At El Cantil they have offered to get us discounted green fees but I have always used the ladies at the cozumelinsider web site.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

Stayed at Melia last year and the Greens fees were in fact included in our specific All Inclusive package.

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

We are staying at the Melia in March 2008 and the golf package was just a few hundred dollars more per room for the week. We still have to pay a $29.00 golf cart fee per person/per round. It is STILL much less expensive this way than golfing anywhere in the Caribbean. Have paid more that $200.00 per round plus transportation to and from course more than I could like to admit. The Melia seems like a good choice for our group.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

There is a poster over one of the tour desks at El Coz and it say's %40 discount.

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Cozumel or El Cozumelo - GOLF?

We are booked for the Melia Feb.7-21 with the golf package included and we pay $29.00 per cart.