We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival Questions

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival Questions

Our first visit to Coz! My plan is to get off of the ferry, grab groceries before Fiesta Americana. We're looking for a fun place near the ferry to park ourselves, have a light snack and beers, near a grocery store.

How much should the taxi cost to FA?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,580 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival Questions

Anywhere on the square is a great place to start. Walk south to Mega and you can get your groceries. There will be cabs to take you to FA.

I'm not sure the exact fare, but you should expect to pay about $10. Be sure to ask/negotiate before you get in the cab.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival Questions

Thanks for the reply!

Any ideas of a good place to park my man while I shop. We'll have our luggage and he'll need a beer.

Kansas City Mo
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival Questions

No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda would be my choice to park it for a while

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,682 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival Questions

In case you dont know about the No Name Bar at Hotel Barracuda, its across the street from Mega.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival Questions

Perfect!

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival Questions

You can always get off the ferry, have lunch, beers and then send the husband on to the hotel with the baggage and get checked in. You could then join him with the groceries and he'll have everything unpacked and you're ready to go. Taxis are always available. Mega is easy walking distance without luggage from the ferry, but the six blocks can be a burden if you are dragging much luggage. Carry on only, no problem.

Cozumel
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival Questions

I would do as Jerry suggested. This way while you are shopping your husband is getting checked in and it's easy to grab a drink at the hotel. Once you get there you have your shopping and checking in alrady finished.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival Questions

Thanks everyone for the ideas. You obviously don't know my husband. Go ahead of me to the hotel? He'll be lost for a week! Unpack? That's even funnier.

We've packed light so luggage isn't a problem.

Springdale, Arkansas
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrival Questions

LOL Tulu, Sounds like my hubby! Our first trip there with friends he kept on asking "which way is the water?" We have a yearly ritual of eating at Palmeros (sp?) whenever we first arrive. Have a great trip!

10. Re: Arrival Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 01:18