We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alberto's

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
409 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Alberto's

I've read a lot of good reviews about Alberto's, but I've also noticed that many people have commented about how pricey they are. Are they really that expensive? How much would an average dinner cost there (excluding drinks), or an order or ceviche? When we went to La Conchita del Caribe, we paid $16 for a large ceviche and it was huge. I'm just trying to make a list of restaurants that we'd like to eat at during our trip. Even though we're staying at Park Royal, we'd like to go out for a few evenings. So far I have La Conchita, Los Otates, Guidos, and Casa Denis on my list.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alberto's

Not sure about the cost of food, but the thing that threw me off was the cost of beer. I have never been there but have been advised several times that 6 beers is $15.00. That seems a little pricey to me, but that may not be indicative of the food prices. Go to google and type in Alberto's, Cozumel and it will take you their web-site, it may give prices there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alberto's

Duh - I should have checked out their website first...sorry! $3 for a Corona and $17 for a mixed ceviche. That doesn't seem too bad to me. The seafood platter for 2 is $65. That doesn't seem too bad either. Hmmm...maybe I'll add this one to my list. :)

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alberto's

Or go to Chen Rio for $11 Ceviche, and $50 seafood platter for 2 in a much better setting, IMHO.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alberto's

We didn't care for Chen Rio. We had the seafood platter for 2 last year and paid $61.00. The lobster was tough, the fish was greasy and the fries were disgustingly soggy and greasy. The garlic bread was a joke. It consisted of stale hamburger buns smothered with margarine and garlic. There were flies everywhere and their restrooms were filthy! We ended up paying over $100 (for food, drinks, and tip) and we couldn't even eat our food. Oh, and to top it off, it was my 30th birthday when we went! We really regretted it and wished we had gone to La Conchita del Caribe instead (highly recommended - awesome food and ambiance). Although I have to say that Chen Rio is a really nice beach. If we were to go back, it would be to go swimming and have a few beers.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alberto's

You are paying for the atmosphere(tables on the beach)..If I am going to pay $50 for lobster,It is going to be Maine Lobster..It is a very good place for a couple of beers and an appetizer...Much better places to eat in Coz...

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,003 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alberto's

Obviously a very different Chen Rio that many tourists frequent and Cozumelenos also visit in large numbers. Never had anything but excellent , fresh seafood there. However, I do have to agree that I would prefer a Maine lobster--but thats difficult to find in Cozumel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alberto's

Maybe we just went to Chen Rio on the wrong day. It does seem to be a popular choice for the locals. In fact, that's how we heard about it. One of the bartenders at the hotel recommended it. If I would go back, I wouldn't get the seafood platter. I would opt for fried fish or something smaller on the menu. I'm hoping that the flies aren't always an issue there because it was rather disgusting. They were everywhere!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alberto's

RobertSDF - In your opinion, what is the best place in Coz for seafood? We especially enjoy ceviche.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alberto's

I will agree with you on the flies, but the food most have been an off day, I was in heaven when we went.

10. Re: Alberto's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 05:22