We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Carnaval photos, the final parade.

OK here they are. It was the longest I have ever seen, and it took quite a while to pass. I was working with 2 cameras & experimenting with settings on one of them but in general I am quite happy with the results. I lost my front row shooting place when Gibran & his parents showed up but I was so happy to meet them that I simply made the best of what I could get as the crowd kept building.

…google.com/cicopo/…

WARNING, it's a big album so plan on having a a bit of time for it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Great pics Larry!

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Excellent shots as always, Larry. I really enjoyed the fireworks pics, very nice. Can't wait for all the rest of the reports & pics, welcome home & sorry to hear about your injuries, hope all is healing well. Mo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Mo, I think it's your fault. I was trying to out do your crushed finger but failed to be that mean to myself thank goodness. I thought I had slammed my underwater camera down hard enough to damage it but luckily it survived & kept on working even at depth. I kept a very close eye on the case for leaks every time I put it into the water right to the end.

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Larry, fingernails grow back(mine is, anyway)but cameras COST MONEY!!!! Hope it didn't break(the camera, that is)and doesn't leak because I'm waiting for all the final pics!!!!!!!! Still missing a small piece on the tip of my finger, oh, well, got 9 more! Mo

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
184 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

I enjoyed your pics of their "Mardi Gras" Carnaval, although not as flamboyant as our here in NO, it was great to view your pics, thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
184 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

I enjoyed your pics of their "Mardi Gras" Carnaval, although not as flamboyant as ours here in NO, it was great to view your pics, thanks

ann arbor, mi
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Nice shots! Really like the last shot of ... death? ... giving you a thumbs up, looks like you're good to go for another year! :D Did you happenn to catch death agin at the White Sands Resort

(pic 58)?

And then there's the chiwawawas! Great!!!

Oh, looks like you have the new camera down IMHO.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

ISO 1600 worked great but the AF had some issues at times in the low light compared to the 1Ds2 which I still prefer using. I'll keep working with both and learn the limitations under specific conditions which will help me know which to grab when in a hurry. It's great having huge images that can have about 75% cropped out & still have more than needed for a web image.

Mo, I know nails grow back because the last one I destroyed has just about completed it's return, but I do think I'll be starting on another. Even though I really abused that foot I still walked everywhere I wanted to go, just with a noticable limp. I guess I'll have to peel the bandages back again to see what it looks like. Mega had a very nice selection of what I needed.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Very nice pics Larry.

We were at the Grand on Feb. 20 /09

First time in Cozumel and loved it.

Great resort very layed back just what we like.

Dom

to
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Carnaval photos, the final parade.

Hi Larry, I have not looked at your pictures yet but I will be shortly. On another topic. We are a family of 5 and I was thinking of renting a jeep for a couple of days. Can I rent the vehicle at the Occidental Grand. Someone had mentioned about $100 per day compared to $60 per day if I was to go into town. Do you know if that price includes the proper insurance I would require. What would you do. Any info whould be much appreciated.