We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park royal

Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
park royal

Hi I am going to the park royal the 30th of March. We just booked it last minute- there was a good deal on Apple vacations. I have never been there but I have been to the elcozumeleno and I loved it. Has anyone been there that could give some advise.Can I get top band liquor? Do they have snorkling equipment that we can use? I have read mixed answers to this?Could anyone recommend a standard room with a occean view? Thanks Pru

wi
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: park royal

we were there last month for the first time and loved it. They have top shelf liqour but you do need to ask for it but its not extra. They have snorkling equipment you can use for free for a hour each day and the snorking right there is awesome, we saw better stuff there than we did on the snorking trip we took. All the rooms from the fifth floor up are ocean view. You could probably request an ocean view room but will probably have to wait awhile in the lobby.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park royal

Just returned from PR on Sunday and it was great. Some better brands of liquor were available and the bartenders were super. Snorkling right in front of the hotel was fantastic. Great service from the moment we checked in and the cleanest hotel we have stayed at in Mexico or the Caribbean.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park royal

We are heading to the Park Royal in April. How far is from town? Can you walk it or must you take a taxi or does the hotel have a shuttle? Thanks Mike

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
4,901 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: park royal

We're elderly seniors in our late 60's and we walked to and from town several times, just not at high noon.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
635 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: park royal

Park Royal is about 3 miles from town. It's walkable if you want. You can walk along the water and it's quite lovely. If not, cabs are plentiful. I don't know if they have a shuttle. Most hotels do not.

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
4,901 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: park royal

We walked to town and cabbed it back. Not a bad walk with sights to see on the way. A cab ride was only 80 pesos.

Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: park royal

Thanks all for the info-I didn't know you could walk to town from the beach! I can't wait to g0 snorkeling! Oh can you go on line to reserve the restaurants?

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: park royal

It's not a beach walk to town from PR but via sidewalks

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: park royal

No one-line reservations for restaurants ----make reservations the day you want them from Noon- 3 PM at the restuarant----don't know about March but in June it was a piece of cake---not crowded at all!

Level Contributor
239 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: park royal

Oh Thanks, I didn't think the beach was walkable to town!