We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dock at the Aura Wyndham

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, MA
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dock at the Aura Wyndham

Can anyone tell me if when getting into the ocean via the dock at the Aura, is the water over your head right there?

I heard that if you go into the water using the dock that it is less rocky, but was not sure if it was over your head or not?

Thanks for any information..

Countdown 44 days and CANNOT WAIT...

:)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dock at the Aura Wyndham

I can't answer from having checked but in photo #21 in this album you can see a ladder going into the water, and from the photo I'd guess that it isn't too deep there. (use the magnify icon to enlarge the photo, then move it for the view looking through under the pier, because the ladder is on the opposite side).

…google.com/cicopo/TheBeachAtTheWyndhamAura#

iowa
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dock at the Aura Wyndham

The water off the edge of the dock at the Aura IS over your head, my husband is six foot tall and jumped off the edge and didn't even touch bottom. but remember that it is the ocean so one is quite bouyant. A lot others were jumping off also and it was quite entertaining;)!lol There were some big rocks off the edge of the dock so you just have to watch where you're jumping!

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dock at the Aura Wyndham

We just got back and we snorkeled off the pier about 4 times while there last week. I am 5'5 and I could touch as long as you in the area where you are suppose to swim. Outside that area it is set up for boats to come in and may be a little deeper because of that. I would recommend going in that way. We tried walking in and it was a little hard unless you walk backwards and even then still rocky. Have Fun!!

4. Re: Dock at the Aura Wyndham

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 06:19