We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mex - czm

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
mex - czm

please what would be the airline ticket price for roundtrip MEX - CZM in september ?

anyone has gone to Cozumel in september? Do they have good shelters in case of strong hurricane ?

thanks !

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,051 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mex - czm

I would suggest you do a search on a site such as Kayak or Mobissimo. Both will give the fare information you seek. And , of course, Cozumel has strong hurricane shelters.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mex - czm

Neither Aeromexico nor Mexicana show any flights Mexico City-Cozumel nor do the low-cost carriers fly there. Does such a flight exist??

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,051 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mex - czm

Yes , Mexicana operates nonstop from Mexico City arriving at about 1 in the afternoon. Its on their website. None of the budget carriers now operate the route.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,051 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mex - czm

Actually, it is operated by Mexicanas Click, which I suppose is a budget carrier of sorts.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
172 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mex - czm

for roundtrip I'm getting prices 1500$ +

it seems little too expensive..

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,051 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mex - czm

Not sure how you are seeing that fare. For current flights, I am seeing as low as a very cheap 1130 pesos one way. Also, I am not seeing the Mexicana flight for September which probably means they are dropping it for the slow season.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mex - czm

The dollar sign is used for pesos perhaps that is what you are seeing

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mex - czm

As I stated earlier, I cannot see any non-stop flights on any airline for September. You may have to fly to Cancun and get to Cozumel from there.

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: mex - czm

Mexicana is stopping or suspending service between Mexico City and Cozumel, supposedly beginning in May. Both the mayor and tourism director have been in discussions with other carriers to take over the service. They may or may not have service during periods of high demand.

poresto.net/quintana-roo/cozumel/24430-neces…

Mexicana has never been happy operating from Cozumel. When they ended their direct connection from the island to Miami years ago, they response was "if you want to go to Miami, go to Cancun first".

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,051 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mex - czm

As with any airline, it all depends on the load factors. If the business is not there, they wont operate. The US carrier I worked for cut back the Cozumel service for the same reason--other than weekends, the load factor was poor.