We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Arrived Sunday afternoon checked into Hotel Fontan

what a great view from our 2nd floor room with balcony, very nice hotel would stay again.

Sunday nite: don't miss the Downtown Square it was a sight to see the locals come out and dance to the great music a start of great week.

Monday: Isla Passion Tour, great beach, good food buffet style, drinks were good, Ida was our host

some small places to buy gifts kinda high on prices but gave 15-1 exchange rate.

Tuesday: Rented cab for $40 US for a 5 hour tour of the island same driver we had Monday ( Armondo )

did the Tequilla Tour with our guide ( Paco ) sample about 7 shots of Tequilla and bought 4 bottles to take home. Then off to the Wild side of the island

stopped took photos of this beautiful side of Cozumel

lunch at Chen Rio very good food and cold beer.

Stopped at Corona Sports Bar sat ( Howdy to Roger )

great time, good prices will be back here again.

Wednesday: Shopped downtown never paid full price for anything, HSBC ATM downtown got more peso's good exchange rate no problems, Mega Store for cooler and more beer,ice.

Thursday: Ferry to Playa for Chichen Itza Ruins

Amazing ruins, took about a 100 photos, very hot felt about 90 degrees that day, shopped again paid about 50% of asking price again haggle with people walk away they will come down on prices, bought some

Mayan statues for only 50 peso, noticed we were being watched by a Japanese couple who stated that bought three of the same statues and paid $100 US for all three, mine cost about $3.50 US

Friday: Nachi Cocom Beach Club, talk about heaven

this is the place, great beach,great service, spent too many hours in the hot tub being waited on drinking margaritas,beer, ordered twice from the menu very good food and again can't say enough about the great service here.

Saturday: Las Palmeras downtown for luch and people watching, back to Corona Sports Bar more beer and a new friend with Roger as our host, got into the

Don Julio Blanco tequilla another great day in Cozumel.

Sunday: Got to pack today flying home this afternoon

our 1st trip to Cozumel and yes were already talking about our next trip back to Cozumel, people and places were more than friendly during our stay.

Update: we have booked again for this year leaving December 8th for 6 nights, this will be our Christmas gifts to each other, thanks to all of you on here for helping us with our questions before we left.

The Original Salsa and Salsa
Cooking Classes, Sightseeing Tours
Tours Plaza - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Safe Tours Cozumel
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Wild Tours
Sightseeing Tours
oz
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

glad to hear that you had a great time! very happy to hear that you liked the fontan. so your going back ....i would say that you are hooked, join the club ! i sent you a pm. thanks for the report.

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

I'm so glad you liked Nachi Cocom - I love it there too! Did you do the $49/person/AI or the $20/person?

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

$49 AI but worth every penny

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Cool - hope you'll be sharing your pics!!!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,966 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Another Cozaholic.

It seems we always plan our next trip the day we get back. When we saw how cheap airfares were for this year, we booked three trips in one weekend. I'm still trying to sneak another one in.

Buckeye- what were your impressions of Fontan? There are a couple of people that had discussions about it in the last few days and I am sure they would like to hear more about it.

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Nice report.. now where are the pics?

Thanks for posting the $40 for the 5 hours for the taxi tour. Alot of people don't realize that they can do this and negotiate this with the driver. That sounds very reasonable!

I have 3 trips booked -- May, November and December and will probably get another one or two in during July and September... :-)

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Fontan was a great place and very reasonable, fantastic views from our room, breakfast was good a bit slow but with one server it took about 30 min to get room service,No food service after 2pm.

Staff was very friendly, good maid service they swept and mopped our room daily. We always tipped the staff $1-2 and we always get what we wanted.

We recomend Hotel Fontan and stay again.

ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Link to some pics enjoy

…photobucket.com/albums/…

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Great pics - can't wait to go!!! Glad you had a good time.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Review March 22-29, 2009

Nice report, except for the scam job the Japanese got! '[];][