We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

Garner, NC
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

I'm new to the site and was wondering where is the best all-inclusive place to stay in Cozumel that has great snorkeling? My mother-in-law and I are snorkeling freaks so it's important that we find the best place while we are down there sometime next year. I thought about the Cozumel Palace but found out they don't have an actual beach. Any thoughts??

Lees Summit, MO
Level Contributor
482 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

Everyone has their opinion but I loved the Palace. I thought I would miss the beach but everything else is so great that I never missed it. You can snorkel right in front so you will like that. I was happy with the man beach when I felt like I needed the sand! Good luck with!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

i second the palace, it has iron shore which means good snorkeling. a sandy beach not so good snorkeling.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

We love, love, love the Grand Cozumel. The beach is gorgeous and resort was very nice. It was so much fun snorkeling with the resident barracuda. It has easy access into the water which some resorts do not.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,379 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

So which has the better snorkeling?? the Palace or the Grand?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

I think to get an honest answer would be through someone who has been to both. Not sure about the Palace but the Grand has a Dive shop on the premises. We were able to book a 3 reef snorkel tour through them and it left right from our dock. We also snorkeled right off the beach and enjoyed it.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

The problem is that very few of us have stayed at several different resorts & gone snorkeling at them. I've done both in this case, (Grand & what is now the Palace) but hurricane Wilma arrived in between so things aren't the same since my snorkeling at the Palace which was the Plaza Las Glorias back then.

What I can say though is that fish are like most living things, and not many live in the sandy desert. Very sandy beaches are not the best place to find fish or marine plants or coral, there isn't a food source. I strongly suspect there is better snorkeling just north of the Palace where the old Dolphin pen now lies in ruin, making for an artificial reef. There is a big school of fish hanging out at the Grand, but after an hour or two of looking at them you'll need to widen your search area for more variety.

…google.com/cicopo/SnorkelingAtTheGrand#

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

The Palace also has a dive shop on site. We did a lot of snorkling right on site at the Palace and loved it. The beach or lack of one didn't bother us as I like the pool better. One side of the pool is right on the ocean and you can face your chair there and just gaze at the beautiful ocean water.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

Great snorkeling at the Iberostar, which is closest to the Planacar reef and a great dive AI resort! Check it out.

9. Re: Best All Inclusive Resort and Snorkeling in Cozumel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 14:18