We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the apology

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the apology

This swine flu(H1N1) or whatever seems to be fading fast. The worldwide and especially the American and Canadian media should report the good news as well as the bad

Virginia
Level Contributor
161 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the apology

I know what you mean. I almost wish there was some way for the Mexican tourist industry to sue the global media for economic damages, as much of the information has been patently false.

oz
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the apology

they are busy having lunch with my boss ! haha

oklahoma
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the apology

even while a good part of us individuals are still going on our trips, the cruise ship income is going to be a huge loss for cozumel. Do you think ships are still doing "fun day at sea" till june? Is it to big of a task to rewrite the itinerary again?

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the apology

Wicked, be sure to take a picture of you in your skimpy bikini and email it to your boss.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the apology

Wish all the cruise ships would stay away from the area!!! They are turning it into a zoo... With flab and fanny packs I might add....

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the apology

ok if it was not for the cruise ship porting in we would not be going to cozumel, so all is good for cruise ships,,,lots of $ going into there,, right from these ships,,,

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the apology

hey wicked sorry to hear about our employment (situ)

hope everthing is working out for you,,, you go girl,,

and hang in there ,,do what you have to do,,,

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the apology

Hard to imagine people wanting to ban crui$e $hip$ from CZM, seems a little goofy.;'[]

Tulum, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is the apology

The Cozumelenos WANT the cruise ships and are upset when there are few or none. It is definitely considered a source of income for the island, but who knows how much actually filters down to the common man and how much lines already full pockets. I read today that only about $25/per person is spent on the island for the people who come ashore. That does not include what is spent on the boat to book tours etc. If this number is correct, it's not much but way ahead of zero. I don't know one Cozumeleno who doesn't feel that the cruise ships help the island community. Ex Pats on the island may feel differently, but not the Mexican population.

Right now everyone is suffering. I had a friend write to me to tell me that her kids are home because the schools are closed and her husband is home as well. All healthy, but home. Her husband works as a waiter at a beach club and without the cruise ships there are not enough customers for all of the wait staff to work. He's an excellent waiter and speaks great English...and he's home without income. Sad story.

Katy Texas
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is the apology

Well just to defend my mother country, the U.S. has not cancelled any flights to Mexico unlike many European countries. Reuters and BBC also have blown this way out of proportion, so try not to put all the blame on us "evil" residents of the U.S.