We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which would you choose and why?

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which would you choose and why?

Iberostar Cozumel, El Cozumeleno or Allegro Cozumel?

We would be traveling with a 9 year old and 11 year old and want a really nice beach.

granbury texas
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which would you choose and why?

The further South you go on the island the prettier the beaches get. northern Hotel zone for the most part are man made beaches or rocky shore line. That being said El Cozumelino has a great kids club, miniature golf, etc..I have not stayed at iberostar but allegro Beach is really nice.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,408 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Best beach Allegro

Best food Iberostar

Best view El Cozumelino

All 3 are kid friendly & decent choices, BUT I know that rooms at the Iberostar are a bit small for the 4 of you and I think a recent report on the Allegro said about the same. I have no idea what the room size at El Coz is like but several members will be able to answer that.

El Coz is like a hotel, while Allegro & Iberostar are like small villages with 1 and 2 story buildings.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Iberostar has lots of ironshore at the waters edge

http://tinyurl.com/2wlbv6

Larry, did you mean a better view from the rooms at El Coz since from the beach there is no difference..other than the beach being nicer at Allegro.

Some useful hotel beach pics here:

http://tinyurl.com/jgmtt

Ohio
Level Contributor
926 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Ditto what Cicopo said, if a big, smooth sandy beach is your priority, Allegro is it by far. Check out the traveler photos of all 3 hotels, you'll get a better idea of what is at each place. Mo

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,408 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Ron, I did mean the view from your room since a lot of people look for an ocean view room, and there are very few at the Allegro or Iberostar due to placement & only being a max of 2 stories tall.

granbury texas
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which would you choose and why?

El Coz rooms in the newer tower are a good size and all rooms are ocean view (we love that). not sure about the older section size of rooms we have always been in the tower..Oceanfreak can answer that I am sure..

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which would you choose and why?

The rooms in the north tower at El Coz are much larger, but the bathroom is all one room, shower, sink and potty.

The rooms in the south tower are a bit smaller, but are still large enough. We've had 4 people in our room at times....my daughter and 2 gkids. There's a pull out sofa that actually sleeps pretty good.

I've never stayed at the other 2 hotels mentioned. We've always liked staying closer to town on the north end of the island.

I know the beaches are better on the south, but I believe the snorkeling is better at El Coz. You can click on my picture to the left and see picts of El Coz. The kids really love El Coz, because of the mini-golf, kids club and the 2 pools. They have movies outside on some nights, and of course the usual shows. Our gkids have always love El Coz. They call it "our beach".

I also have a link you can click on and has different pictures of El Coz's rooms. It's gone right out of my head right now. I'll send it to you.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Sorry, here's the link to my pictures. There's different groups.

http://picasaweb.google.com/oceanfreak.pat

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
365 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which would you choose and why?

Fabulous Photos Freak! Thanks for the quick trip to coz this morning.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Which would you choose and why?

It's now between Allegro Cozumel and El Cozumeleno. We're confused about the restaurants at Allegro though. The Apple book that we have says that there are 3 restaurants, but the website says 6. Which is it?