We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Houston
Level Contributor
444 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Its down to these 3 choices i am leaving in 3 weeks.

I like upscale and great location. Traveling with family members, 2 babies and friends in early 30s.

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Can only comment on the Park Royal----we have been timeshare owners for years and thoroughly enjoy the PR Cozumel! Always a pleasant stay and the staff is far above average!!!! Agree the last few reviews on PR are not favorable but we have NEVER encountered anything like opened doors nor opened safes---not sure what that is all about as our experiences reflect nothing like that! Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Broken Arrow...
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

I've stayed at the El Coz and while it's a nice property it's hardly what I'd call upscale.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Have stayed at park royal 3 times and have found it to be extremely safe buffet was good and the staff are excellent

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Me too and we arrive there tomorrow!!! at the Park Royal

Texas
Level Contributor
399 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

If you are traveling with babies, I would pick Park Royal. They have a lot more shade areas around the main pool by the hotel. Plus, the buffet is inside and air conditioned. El Coz is a good hotel but I think Park Royal would be better for babies. We have stayed at both and really fell in love with PR but are staying at El Coz this summer because the price was better. Have fun!

Colorado
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

We are on the same boat with topic starter, and between those 2 choices.

I have several questions about park royal.

On expidea they offer to book room with or without ocean view. But ocean view cost like 200$ extra for a week, and i just wonder if we book regular room is it like where is no chance to get ocean view?

And second question is about how annoying are those cruise ships? From the pictures it seems like they are all over, and i wonder if you can see a lot of plain sea from the peach?

And also is where a pier on the park royal beach? How was the snorkeling?

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Most any room below the 5th floor gives you a garden view, pretty scenery but no ocean scenery. A pier is to the right of the beach area but used mainly by Aqua World. The snorkeling is good right off the beach and I would recommend water shoes for entering but we saw plently without them on as they put their flippers on and walked backwards into the ocean.

Breckenridge, TX
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Oops forgot-----the cruise ships are no eye sore for us but others differ as it does block some of the ocean view but you have the rest of the ocean. We find it fascinating just to watch them dock especially when they turn around and back in to the dock area. They are usually docking between 7:30 - 8:30 AM(depending on the ship) and usually depart from 4:00 - 6:00 PM, Yes, there is a view blockage but remember these cruise ships are vital to Mexico's economy (tourism revenues)

Colorado
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Thanks you for reply, but again about ocean view? Dif you personally have payed to get it? I really don't want to look at the garden, but extra 200$ is a bit pricey for us.

Do you think it may be cheaper to talk to them about ocean view room when we get where, rather then book it from web site?

Texas
Level Contributor
399 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent reviews have me frazzled...Park Royal or El Coz??

Also, remember that USA "upscale" is not the same in Mexico. Go with an open mind. The snorkeling is good at the hotel. The cruise ships are not an eye sore, or at least they aren't to us. We also enjoy looking at them. It is a big ocean so there is plenty of beautiful sea to see! We had a non ocean view room and we could see it from our balcony. Park Royal is a nice hotel and I think you will enjoy it. On the other hand, El Coz is also a nice hotel with a bigger "beach" area and great snorkeling. I don't think you can go wrong either way. My only concern would be traveling with young children, there is more shade at the main pool at Park Royal and it is a nice big pool. Have fun....we will be at El Coz next week!!