We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What will the weather be like end of April??

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
What will the weather be like end of April??

What will the weather be like end of April?? I want to spend a lot of time in the water. What will water temps be like??? Is this time of the year crowded?? I prefer to travel later in the year, but my son and his wife want to travel in April.

ds2
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What will the weather be like end of April??

April is usually hot, dry and beautiful. Tourism slows between Easter week & July vacationers (hopefully those will be here this year!) but, based on demand of course, cruise ships are usually here daily -- except Sundays -- until hurricane season begins in June.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What will the weather be like end of April??

When I was there at the end of April this year it was in the mid 80's everyday and low 70"s at night. My dive computer read water temps of 80-82 degrees depending on depth and dive site.

Dallas
Level Contributor
4,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What will the weather be like end of April??

Astrid, April is beautiful time of year. We go just after spring break, usually the last 2 weeks....sometimes in May.

This year, we went April, May, July & Sept. I also dive and I could tell the difference in the water as those first couple of month passed.

We did start getting a little chilled later into the dives, depending on the time you stay down. By the time July and Sept came along, I didn't get cold at all. My bottom time is usually at least an hour.

By your questions, I'm thinking you were also interested in that bit of info.

indiana
Level Contributor
40 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What will the weather be like end of April??

we were at el coz in april 09, the weather was wonderful, had been there 2 years earlier in january, we preferred april by far.

5. Re: What will the weather be like end of April??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 05:18