We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling

northern ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling

Which hotels in Cozumel have the best directly off the hotel beach snorkeling?

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling

Hmmm..........you posted the exact same question in July 2008 and got answers through this year 2009........nothing has changed with all the great answers you got...............why are you posting again?...............just curious.........

northern ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling

We did go to Cozumel in the summer of 2008. We stayed at the Iberostar, which was wonderful, but the snorkeling was not good off the hotel beach there. As far as asking again, I have a hard time remembering last month, let alone last year!

I think this time we are going to try the El Cozumelena, which apparently hase more of a rocky shoreline and hopefully better snorkeling there.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Iberostar Cozumel
Iberostar Cozumel
5,269 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling

Good decision!

St. Louis, MO, USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling

geze - forum police, calm down. I ask the same question twice in a day, let alone a year or two apart!

California
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkeling

I appreciate you asking that again. Conditions change all the time. How does the forum police even remember when and who wrote what? I too was thinking of trying El Cozmeleno for the snorkeling, unless someone has a better suggestion.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling

"forum police".???.........that's funny......I just happened to notice that the OP posted word for word the exact same question in July 2008 and received valid answers thru APRIL of this year, and so I wondered why he/she didn't just READ the responses. And trust me, I didn't "remember".............all you do is click on the person's name to see that they've posted twice using the exact same words......and for the record, for the last poster, the snorkeling situations rarely change as far as hotels and what's good and better or bad and certainly nothing has changed since April 2009!!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkeling

Forum Police????? They do exist, but they are TA employees, not helpful contributors like Betsy. Many questions are asked over and over again on this forum, which is absolutely fine. That's what this forum is for. But when the same person asks the same question word for word, there is nothing wrong in questioning why. I think the people attacking Betsy are acting more like the "forum police".

The El Coz has nice snorkeling from shore as do other places at the north end of the island. The food is less than desirable and I noticed a drop off in the level of service when I was there in August from the previous 5 times I've been there. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back, but I would explore other options.

8. Re: snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 05:19