We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el cozumeleno

Winnipeg Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
el cozumeleno

We are booked to stay at the El Coz the week of Jan 21st. Is the official opening date Dec. 15th? Our travel agent said that they have no conformation about the hotel at this point. Does anyone have any info?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: el cozumeleno

Yes the re-opening date is Dec.15th. By Jan 21 the hotels will be 100% and you wont be able to tell wilma was ever here.

Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: el cozumeleno

I am booked to stay at El Coz for my honeymoon for the week of Jan 2nd. We still plan on going but still no word on conditions from our travel agent either. I still go I will write and let you know how it was.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
995 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el cozumeleno

Antonio, please do not tell people that. 35% of where we like to visit is gone.

Claude Dill

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: el cozumeleno

Claude I will tell people the truth, as I have on the forums for the past 6-7 years. As I mentioned in the other post, your information is wrong, and almost seems like you have a vendetta against Cozumel. Nothing that can't be rebuilt is gone. The roads, parks, reefs and all tourist areas will be rebuilt to 100%. The reefs which have obviously sustained some effects will also recover fully in time, and will be good enough to enjoy snorkeing and diving by December when most of the larger hotels will be ready. Many of the downtown hotels will be ready in 3-4 weeks.

Do not tell me I can not tell people the truth Claude. I would suggest you get your facts right before you continue posting, and if this is a personal vendetta you have with me, I really would ask that you desist.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Kent, Wa.
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: el cozumeleno

I haven't booked my hotel yet, but I

have my airline tickets purchased to arrive

in February. Our family always stays at

El Coz. The El coz website is saying that

they are not taking reservations right now

but will keep people informed as soon as

reservations will be accepted. At least I'm

half way there.

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el cozumeleno

Antonio, don't worry about Claude's remarks. You've done an absolutely awesome job of taking pictures and keeping us all informed. We want the truth and I believe that you've delivered just that! Way to go Antonio!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el cozumeleno

Antonio....

I look forward to your reports and pictures because I know that you will tell it like it is. I came down a week after Emily because your reports said Cozumel was up and running....and you were right, could hardly tell that a hurricane had been there. Cozumel will be 100% in a few months and better than ever! And...there are some of us that not only come to Cozumel for it's beauty, but also to see the people that we have made friends with during our visits there. Claude needs to spend his time bothering someone else.

Oklahoma Chick

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Winnipeg Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: el cozumeleno

Thanks for the info Antonio. We really thought that maybe we should change our holiday but now we are again so excited about coming to Cozumel. We can't wait to get in the water and dive!! See you in January!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: el cozumeleno

Update:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k33075…

kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: el cozumeleno

Antonio, why are you so incensed when anyone offers an opinion that differs from yours? I understand that your motivation is to make money, so naturally you'll paint a pretty picture. But this isn't Antonio's Forum, it's Trip Advisor. There are a lot of informed opinions that have a right to be heard. I've been selling travel to Coz for almost 20 years, and go 5-6 times a year myself. I was there in August, after Emily. Any travel agent who wants repeat business will steer her clients away from Coz, Cancun, and other areas hit by Wilma for 90 days, because clients have a right to get what they pay for. And there's nothing wrong with that. If a client wanted to book Coz, and already knew the conditions, I'd do it. But new clients, no way. And yes, my motivation is to make money to feed MY family. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico