We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

packing tips / suggestions

red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Topic
packing tips / suggestions

I always enjoy this topic in forums - get some really good tips from seasoned travellers

I'll start - just heard of compression bags to put underwear / socks and small stuff and then good for your dirty clothes for coming home. Packs it all really small.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: packing tips / suggestions

My all time favorite....Over the door shoe holder (pockets open at the top)...to place all of your toiletries in. Some vanity areas just do not have room for item..this keeps everything neat and clean :)

I pack mine full of what is need. I fold it up with everything in it and place it in the suit case...works great !

Also always bring a dozen or more metal hangers...closets never have enough of them !! This keep the clothing less wrinkled. I leave them behind when we leave.

A small spray bottle...just to mist the clothing, that do have a few wrinkles in , works great...this is also a duel purpose item...bring it to the beach to help keep you cool.

Disneychicks

red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: packing tips / suggestions

one I'd read on the Disney site and we tried it is a dollar store pop up hamper for your dirty clothes while you're at your hotel room.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,241 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: packing tips / suggestions

Well, I'm not sure about the Grand, but the sister hotel the Allegro only had something like one electrical outlet. One of those power bar/block things would be a good idea, just so you can charge all your chargables at the same time. Also a travel clock. There were NO clocks in the rooms at the Allegro.

red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: packing tips / suggestions

Power bar - great idea or the plugin that changes 2 plugins to 4. I bring my ipod base that has alarm clock - can listen to music and charge the ipod.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: packing tips / suggestions

We have taken a power strip to our last 2 destination,,,Coz and Punta Cana...cause I thought boy what a good idea....and both of our resorts had plenty of areas to plug in. But I am sure about the time I do not bring one..it will be needed !

Yep, Redlake we do the travel hamper at Disney...there laundry facilities are great too...so clean !

Disneychicks

Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: packing tips / suggestions

I also got some great ideas from threads like these! :) Here's my top suggestion: use packing cubes to organize your luggage. We like the ones by ebags but there's other brands too...each member of the family has a different color and we put shirts in one, pants/shorts in one, swimwear/sleepwear in another etc...It's great because your suitcases stay really organized. I don't pack without the cubes now...it makes packing a lot faster and easier!

red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: packing tips / suggestions

I'll have to look for packing cubes ! Like that idea :)

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
686 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: packing tips / suggestions

Hi redlakeontario,

Don't forget the deet bugs repellent and all your liquids have to go into a zip lock bags it saved us from big mess a few times.

Have fun in the sun

Lyne

Gatineau, Canada

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: packing tips / suggestions

We flew out of CUN the other day and never saw so many big bags people were checking. And they all weren't scuba divers. These people must have been in CUN for months! We only have two carry-ons (one with wheels), one guy looked at us and asked..."is that all you have"?!?!

red lake
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: packing tips / suggestions

I just ordered some packing cubes and toiletry bag to hang over the door from Heys.ca for any canadians looking for some. The packing bags are made from recycled plastic - can't wait for them to come in and I can get organizing :)