We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum Question....

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cozumel
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
Save Topic
Forum Question....

Hi everybody.......I MISSED you guys and had terrible forum withdrawal until my phone just got reconnected!!.........thanks to so many who pm'd me during this nightmarish time...........I spent the whole 60 hours keeping a blow by blow (no pun intended-----well, kinda) log going since I was all alone with my trusty pooch who isn't that talkative anyway............might be the only thing that kept me sane......(relatively speaking of course)......so was wondering who exactly can tell me if I can post it or if there are length rules for posting here........anybody?..........thanks.......and sooooooo happy to be back.............Betsy

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum Question....

I don't see why you can't post it. Break it up if it won't let you post it all at once. Others have posted long info that let us know what it was like. (See Wilma does Cancun)

Oregon
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum Question....

It would be easier to read if you posted it somewhere else and linked to it from here. You would have more control over how the text displayed, like the size and font. You could include photos an links that way too.

You would also have more freedom of what you wrote because you wouldn't be restricted by the guidelines of this forum (I think)

You could post it as a trip report on scubadiving.com, then go to your profile and make it private. You would still be able to link to it and edit the text, it just wouldn't show up in the trip report section.

Or if your internet service provider offers you web space, you could put it there.

That it what I would do, but you are certainly free to make your own decision.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum Question....

Betsy..I may have been one of the last ones to chat with you..It was early in the morning,the day Wilma came knocking..You were standing in a couple of feet of water inside your home!! I for one want details,but it will be better to break it up..Glad to have you back!! Tom and Antonio have been doing a great job reporting,but always enjoy your perspective...I am still waiting for a snorkeling report,from the Dzul Ha area(the best)..A lot of people have been missing the point..The reason most come to Coz for, is to Snorkel and Dive..It was never a beach destination...

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum Question....

Good to hear from you Betsy! I remember the morning of Wilma when you were standing in your kitchen and rain was hitting you in the face. How is your dog?

Please fill us in on the entire 60 hours any way you wish or can.

I saw no rules against length in the posting guidelines. Ofcourse someone may accuse you of impersonating another user(Cicopo). Just kiddin Cicopo. "Novels" are much better than short stories any day, just as long as you have great authors such as Betsy or Cicopo.

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
226 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum Question....

Try to break it up into paragraphs, easier to read. We're waiting for you to get started.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum Question....

Welcome back Betsy!

Would love to read your log in whatever form you end up posting it. Glad to see you back.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum Question....

Yes, a fond welcome back. Like many others we know that communication systems are not up everywhere, and were waiting to see a post from you. Do you know if Troy and his crew are alright? As far as the blow by blow story, I don't know why it would be rejected, unless someone reported it. When we post a message it appears almost instantly on the forum. When we post a review or submit photos they screen it for content, and then it appears, usually several days later.

From my own perspective (2 finger typist with poor spelling skills) it would probably be easier to do it in chapters, or in some way that you can write it off line & then paste it here. Nothing like writing for an hour or more and loosing your connection and work. Once you start here there is no "save" button, so you either finish & submit, or loose all your work.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,988 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum Question....

Betsy, I can easily post it on my ISP. Send me text or a Word document then we can make sure it is as you wish before posting the URL.

I do have limits on periods though :)

cozumel
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum Question....

Hey guys---------thanks for all the advice.....as far as "getting started", it was written on soggy paper all during the storm and when I got my power back I put it all on the computer as a document............and yes, it is in short paragraphs since I had time to only write one paragraph at a time between trying not to drown in here and trying to convince my dog that she could pee inside, so-- easy reading for us blind folks..........got sidetracked finishing my debris hauling and spending too many hours at the airport trying to get out of here............so will finish the ending up today and give it a shot here...........just wondering what happens when it falls over onto page 2...........if I see it doesn't work, I'll take you up on your offer Copilot, although I don't know how to reach you..........and Cicopo----HAPPY BIRTHDAY......and Troy is fine---saw him the days right after and his house did fine but the Hindsight got swept up onto the mangroves!! Amazingly, it had no damage although Troy said they damaged it more just getting it OFF the mangroves...........mainly he was having minor beer withdrawal!!.............Betsy..........P.S. Copilot---trying to kick the "period" thing but old habits die hard!!

Bixby, OK
Level Contributor
457 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Forum Question....

Betsy,

Sure glad to hear from you... Glad that you and the pooch are doing. A lot of people were wondering about you and will be ready to see your log. Have you heard form Trudy? She has been absent from the forum as well.

Dirtroad