We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel weather averages

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cozumel weather averages

This shows average temperatures and rainfall amounts.

weather.com/outlook/…MXQR0074

ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel weather averages

This is the average but, I heard this past week it was cool. We arrive next weekend. and are hoping to swim and not be cold. What do you think?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel weather averages

Personally I don't check the weather unless it is hurricane season. Unless you are going to cancel because the temp is five degrees too low, it is not worth worrying about.

cozumel
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel weather averages

I love those monthly temperature averages especially for the summertime. The summer months, the average high is 88, with only August being one degree 89 degrees for a monthly average. Granted these temperatures are recorded at the airport, perhaps the coolest location away from all the heat retaining concrete and asphalt.

You'll get the same numbers on wunderground weather: wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayIntlNORMS.asp…

Try using this calculator for heat index: www.crh.noaa.gov/jkl/?n=heat_index_calculator

On wunderground you can check historical daily data and tell me between the months of May through September, what percentage of days have a heat index below 100 degrees? It might be only 91F, but that still makes for a heat index of 105F in the shade out at the airport.

Virtually every day in the summer time it will give a 35%-40%-50% chance of rain. You start praying at 9:30 in the morning you will be lucky enough to be where one of the ten minute showers fall.

Winter time we are always subject to nortes, the trailing edge of the numerous cold fronts which pass across the U.S. They bring cooler temperatures and windy conditions which can regularly lead to the port being closed to smaller watercraft. It might average 80-81F in the winter months, but expect ten days a month that the high might be low 70s to upper 60s. And when night time lows dip to the lower 60s, heaven forbid the upper 50s, locals bundle up like for a blizzard and layer blankets on their beds,

I don't care what the monthly averages say, it is blistering hot all summer long. It might be 89F in front of your air conditioner, but eggs will cook outside on your sidewalk, During the winter months, there will be days that stay in the 60s and occasionally dip into the 50s for lows. When it is 62F with a brisk 25 MPH wind, it is chilly for most people walking along the waterfront. I'm likely still dressed in shorts. Last year was unusually cold, there were several nights that the official low was 51F which was a record low for that date. I know several people with reliable thermometers that recorded 46-47F those nights. There was a good frost in the Yucatan last month and some people recorded freezing temperatures, rare, but they are a little closer to the cold air mass. Merida will be hotter, but the humidity might be 20% lower, feels cooler. Cozumel most always beats Merida in heat index in the summer. When our neighbors of Merida visit, the common question is how do you live here? I can't believe the heat!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,268 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel weather averages

Agree , weatherunderground a superior weather information site, in my opinion. But disagree about Merida. I lived there for one summer and it felt much hotter than Cozumel. One summer was enough for me!

ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel weather averages

Thank you so much I was just wondering if I should bring a jacket? I have a sweater packed and I will hope that will be enough. If not I will shop!!!!!

Cozumel
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel weather averages

At this time, the evening are cooler about high 50s-mid 60s and days in the high 70s to low 80s.

A windbreaker or sweater will be a good thing to have on hand for evenings.

The days are sunny and warm.

We've not had rain since the last week of Carnival, so it's more on the dry side.

ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel weather averages

We went to Cozumel last Christmas(2009) for 5 days. The first 2 days it rained,all day, but the weather was +29 so it didn't matter!!! Actually my daughter and I had a blast swimming in the rain!!! Its only water right!!

MinneSNOWta
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cozumel weather averages

CozKaren...

"We've not had rain since the last week of Carnival, so it's more on the dry side."

I'd swear it rained a LOT right after we left last month - like 4 days or so starting Apr. 14th?

florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cozumel weather averages

no jacket needed save yourself the weight in the luggage for sure!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cozumel weather averages

Big difference in March evenings (beginning of post) and May weather and if you need a jacket or not! I imagine the majority of people would not need anything extra for May.

Also, I find wunderground weather to be much more reliable when it comes to Cozumel forecast.