We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bentonville, AR
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

My husband and I stayed at the Allegro March 4-18, 2010. Before we went, we read months worth of posts concerning the resort, and believe me, I was really worried about what we would find when we got there. I heard that the food was terrible, there were bedbugs, of other guests "nighttime activities" being heard through the walls, pushy time share people, etc. Well, I can attest that all that was totally untrue!! No overly noisy neighbor activities, no bedbugs, and most importantly, the food was great! Sure, there was a minimal amount of repetitiveness, but we found the meals to be great. (Don't miss Wednesday's Mexican Food Night!) And just let the time share guys know you're not interested, and they'll leave you alone.

I think people should remember that they are NOT in the United States when they travel. Cultures are different and standards vary too. For the price we paid (roughly $400 each PER WEEK) we got a great bargain! The resort is beautifully maintained, the employees are courteous and helpful, and the Allegro has the BEST beach on the island. No worries about rocky entrances into the water here! Pure white sand that goes on and on! And let's not forget the alcohol factor! Sufficient to say the very least. The drinks weren't the strongest we've ever had, but it's best to pace yourself anyway, right?

So, my advice is to go to the Allegro with an open mind. You'll be as pleasantly surprised as we were!

anolson
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

Thanks for the posting!

Do you remember what kind of beer/alcohol they had there for AI guests?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. i think that there will be some happy people that will read this. We will be there in 4 days and can't wait. I have learned NOT to rely on the reviews and go with an open mind. Food is sooo subjective. I agree that some go in it thinking top notch food but in the end, they are NOT in their home country and cooking styles are different.. Buffet food is buffet food no matter what country. Mass cooking will never be the same as a nice quiet restaurant.. I also don't have a problem with recycling the leftovers from a previous meal. I shutter to think of the waste otherwise.

I'm happy you had a great vacation!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

Yes, Thank you for your post. We are leaving tommorrow night.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

Yes thank you......

Are towels abunduntly available (beach towels) or are there limits or hard to get item?

Ft.Worth Tx
Level Contributor
425 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

When you check in each person is given a towel card which you can use to exchange for a towel at a small building next to the pool. You can get a fresh towel as often as you wish through out the day. At the end of the day you can turn in your towel and get your card back or if the towel exchange has closed you can take your towel back to your room and exchange it the next morning. At the end of your stay you must turn in a towel card or a towel or you will be charged.

So keep an eye on your towel and don't forget and leave it somewhere.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

Let's do away with all the silly questions like "What kind of beer", and "Are towels abunduntly available?", and get down to what everyone really wants to know...If you were there for 2 whole weeks - why was I not invited??

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
4,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

I like the "Don't miss the Wednesday Mexican food night" I got a kick out of that. Sounds like you had a good time. That's what matter's.....

Bentonville, AR
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

I'm not sure what AI guests refers to, but I can tell you they served Corona on tap.

Bentonville, AR
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

You should be there by now.... are you having as great a time as we did?

Bentonville, AR
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our Two Week Stay at the Allegro

I guess I should have elaborated about the food nights. Each night they have a different theme - for example, Asian food, International, Italian, Seafood, etc. My favorite was Mexican food night because they served the real thing as only Mexicans cooks can! I had eaten in town the night before and ordered a Mexican food platter. The food at the Allegro was every bit as good and the selection as varied as I paid $13 for!