We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Occidental Grand

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
200 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Occidental Grand

All in all a great stay - a few hiccups along the way but nice time overall! Please ask any questions. Will be writing my "formal" review this week.

Lucy

Washington state
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

We're are heading there for a week with our 6 year old son. Anything we should be concerned about, or suggestions regarding the restaurants? Thanks.

Fort Montgomery...
Level Contributor
415 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

I have a few questions....How were the bugs?,what resaurants were open,and did you make dinner reservations for those at check-in? thanks we will be there in 19 days.

Columbus, OH
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

I am there now. Bugs not a problem. All restaurants open, but tough to get a reservation the first few days you are here. Biggest tip is you have to have someone wake up by 6 am to reserve beach chairs (save some towels from the day before).

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

Did they have the late night roof top patio pizzeria open?

Chicago
Level Contributor
200 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

The rooftop pizza place is closed but they will make pizzas for you at the buffet. Because we stayed at the Royal Club, Maggie took care of our reservations. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Royal Club restaurant and 1 other night at the Sonora Grill. All in all, quite tasty. I did get a few mosquito bites but my 3 travel partners did not. Room service was yummy and fast. Will be posting a "formal" trip report/review later on this week.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

We were at The Grand in March and have never had problems in the past with bug bites. The sun sets at 6pm nightly and right about that time, the critters come out! Some sort of tiny bug that I believe were called sand fleas. We returned home with numerous bites to our lower legs and breathtaking pictures of the sunsets! We didn't have problems except for on the beach at night...but those sunsets are totally worth it!

7. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:18