We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Cheap Airfares!!

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Topic
New Cheap Airfares!!

Hey! Everybody who is SOOOO frustrated like I am about the airlines bailing on us....I just heard about <worryfreevacations.com> having fares in December and January from Denver for as low as $129 plus tax..then $159 plus....then $179 plus etc.........GREAT fares to Cancun and you KNOW how easy it is to come across on bus and ferry.........was thinking there might be some way for many of you to do some domestic hop and make it worth it.....check it out....I fly with them all the time and they are fine..........JetBlue does cheap flights to Denver from the east coast for example and I know there are others.......just got excited when I saw this online.....and have been feeling so bad about how hard the airlines are making it to get here, so take a look and good luck!! Betsy

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

P.S And I was so excited I never even looked at where ELSE they may be offering deals from........hhaha.....maybe from many more cities besides Denver.....duh!...

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

P.S And I was so excited I never even looked at where ELSE they may be offering deals from........hhaha.....maybe from many more cities besides Denver.....duh!...

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Betsy, those prices are typical for Worry Free as you approach departure date and the plane is not full. People in other cities should check out pricing for charters that fly from their region. Look for Last Minute Specials, Hot Deals, etc. You can also get on a email list for such deals with some charters.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Co-Pilot...those fares are good through Feb 15th and so I wouldn't exactly call them last minute deals. The other cities with fares offered are the following:

Dallas/Ft. Worth

Denver

Detroit

Minneapolis/St. Paul

Oklahoma City

St. Louis

Tulsa

I AM on one of those email lists and was informed Monday night. These cheap fares are available online from Tuesdays at 12am (Monday midnight in other words) through Thursdays at midnight.

As you can see, there are quite a few other cities to be able to connect in and out of.

Betsy

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Just looked up Minneapolis and Dallas...they have some even better deals than Denver, and, although my original post was mentioning Denver into Cancun, I see that MNS and DFW have flights directly into Cozumel.....good through mid February.....YAY!!

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
AUSTIN
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Wait a little while, funjet has deals for the El Coz for example beginnning Feb., this place will be a deal this summer you just wait, they will need to get people back there. The Park Royal says July, that place will be nice all new ...

Mentioned in this post
Park Royal Cancun
Park Royal Cancun
4,845 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,247 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

You are right Betsy, I just took a look and these have nothing to do with last minute deals. Having worked for the airlines though, my guess would be that they will only fill a certain percentage of the plane at these fares, then try to sell the others off at higher prices.

cozumel
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Well......let's be positive and hope that all the people who got canceled will be able to take advantage of these fares and hopefully be able to support the downtown hotels instead of the all-inclusives that are not available right now. From my experience being a "watcher" of worryfree, you will see that next week OR the week after, these fares will be extended farther into the future, as in, past the mid February date. Anyone wanna place bets because I could seriously use the money!! Thanks Robert...I always appreciate your back up....Betsy

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
29,470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

Fact is that if you try to book a trip six months out your fare is likely to be higher than waiting. My typical trip to Coz is booked within a month of departure with the shortest about 3-4 days. I consider that generically "last minute." My point was that people should look for such areas in addition to the normal booking area. They may find a better deal that way.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Cheap Airfares!!

I have always got the best deals booking last minute myself. I have also paid higher and have seen the plane fill up on me by waiting.

Last minute fares sometimes drop as low as $79 RT out of D/FW.(with a hotel package)

Don't start thinking I'm on your side Co Pilot.....Betsy's a lot better lookin.